M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting new tires Dun E3's and some Liquid Pain polished rims. I really don't want stick on weights or lead clamps on the new rims. Who is using dyna beads and how is the noise, take off and stop, general riding etc.. Can you even feel them in your tires?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
You only hear them when your bike is off, up on a lift and you spin the wheel and then stop it.

They work great.

I have no problem recommending them.

Just FYI - you can have them mount your balance weights inside the tire rather than on the outside of the wheel. They usually charge a bit more for that, but I always insist on it on all of my cars.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dynabeads

I agree... Dynabeads are almost non existent from notice... They do a good job... The only problem I have heard is from the guy I use to swap tires... He said they are alive when they get out on the floor and they WIIL take you for a ride... ;)

Randy

·
Registered
115 Posts
IM LIKE YOU I WAS LEARY ABOUT THE BEADS. MY UNCLES HAVE BEEN USING THEM FOR SOME TIME NOW, WITH NO PROBLEMS. I TOOK THE WEIGHTS OFF MY STOCK WHEELS AND PUT THEM IN AND IT SEEMS TO RIDE SMOOTHER:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the dealer puts the beads in and puts the wheel and tire on the balancing machine it should balance correct?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
If the dealer puts the beads in and puts the wheel and tire on the balancing machine it should balance correct?
Have had them in my tires for over 3 1/2 years and 30,000 miles, you will like them....:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
430 Posts
No need for the balancing machine... the beads go in the tire before the rim of the tire is placed inside lip of the rim and perform their magic... you can put them on the machine just as a check if you or he likes... but once the beads are in and the wheel is in motion, the beads balance the whole assembly.

I was a skeptic as well, but I have the E3 with the beads (both front and rear) and have no issues...

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Dina beads are the only way to go in my opinion it is all i run!! you can not hear them or feel them yes when your 9 is on a jack and you spin the wheels you will be able to hear them but just barely I will garentee you will never know they are there while you ride!!!

PS you can put them in anytime if the tires are already mounted just pull the valve stem core out let the air out while on a life of course and pour beads in through the valvestem and reinstall the core and air up and your done!!!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Does someone have that video showing the demo of Dyna Beads in a plastic bottle with a drill motor spinning it?
That says it all.
I`ve used them for a couple years now and love them. I once had a defective rear tire with a nasty wobble. I put in Dyna Beads and that cured the problem.
It seems my tires dont wear out as fast too. My E3 has got almost 10k and going strong. Front isnt cupping yet.
You have to be patient putting them through the valve stem.

It takes about two beers.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Dynabeads Youtube demo video

·
Registered
595 Posts
I pulled my wheel weights off this year and started using Dyna Beads in my 109. The claims are all true....they REALLY work!!! Not only do you get rid of those ugly wheel weights but the beads will redistribute themselves to compensate for changes in the wheel balance resulting from tire wear, dirt, mud, etc that fixed weights cannot adjust for. They do seem to make the ride marginally smoother however I have not had them long enough to confirm that they make the tires last longer...though intuitively this would seem to be the case since they wheels are continuously rebalanced during use.

Install is very easy if you do it correctly. I deflated my tires/removed the valve stem with a valve stem wrench then placed the vibrating head of an electric engraving tool against the rubber hose as I poured them in and the beads flowed in like water. Total time start to finish was about 10 minutes for both wheels.

I recommend Dyna Beads 100% :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I won't run without dynabeads from now on. I could actually tell a difference with em, and the fact that I don't have to pay for balancing that is just icing on the cake.

·
Registered
453 Posts
There are two problems that may come up when having the beads installed.
1. If the dealer puts in the wrong amount of beads for your preferred tire. (resovlved by checking on their balancer).

2. Some dealers when installing the tire on your rim will 'lube' up the rim in order to assist with the tire mounting process. If they put on too much lubricant and it seeps into the inside of the tire then the beads can get stuck in the lube. Thus making the tire off balance.

I've had beads put on my Kawasaki ZX12R front tire and didn't notice ANY issues with the ride. And I can assure you I was up over 200kmph without any further concerns. Best bang for your buck in my humble opinion. :)

Safe travels.
Paul

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There are two problems that may come up when having the beads installed.
1. If the dealer puts in the wrong amount of beads for your preferred tire. (resovlved by checking on their balancer).

2. Some dealers when installing the tire on your rim will 'lube' up the rim in order to assist with the tire mounting process. If they put on too much lubricant and it seeps into the inside of the tire then the beads can get stuck in the lube. Thus making the tire off balance.

I've had beads put on my Kawasaki ZX12R front tire and didn't notice ANY issues with the ride. And I can assure you I was up over 200kmph without any further concerns. Best bang for your buck in my humble opinion. :)

Safe travels.
Paul
Thanks for the info on the dealer install. i asked them if they have ever installed or heard of people using them. They said no and seemed happy to use me as a guinne pig. thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Next question is with the Dunlop E3 250 rear and 130 front - Is the 3oz in back and 2oz in front the correct amount of dynabeads?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Next question is with the Dunlop E3 250 rear and 130 front - Is the 3oz in back and 2oz in front the correct amount of dynabeads?
Yes, I am running a 3 oz bag in the rear and haven't felt a shake from the rear yet.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I had doubts, now I'm a believer. Just put new tires on (with a fresh balancing of course). I peeled off the weights after less than 100 miles, inserted beads and noticed an improvement! I ordered more for my car.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts