M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought some new ICON Chukka Boots (awesome, very comfortable, and feet are extremely protected :bigthumbsup:), but they are thicker from sole to top of toe than my other boots and on the first ride I'm having trouble angling the boot under the shifter for up shifts. I have to very conciously think about how I'm doing it so that i don't get my foot stuck. Might not be good if i was in a hurry. If you move it higher so that the boot fits under, then my foot would be resting on it, and my downshift accidentally. I've done it before so i know it can happen. Any suggestions, ideas from other who've had this problem.

thanks,
joe

·
Registered
665 Posts
Raise it a little joe. It won't take allot. I had to raise mine for my Milwaukee Boots. It works great now,and if I'm cruising around town in my tennis shoes it still works good. :bigthumbsup:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i was worried about that too. if i hop on in tennis shoes and run down the street on a quick errand would i be able to shift?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Yeah,it works pretty well,just takes a little more movement,but it's no big deal. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts