M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first time adjusting the suspension and i cant tell what the setting is on currently im wanting to drop the bike down to about 3 on the setting and i cant tell what is what im guessing it was set at 4 by factory. Can anyone post some help on where the numbers will be or what to look at as a gauge?

Thanks

·
Registered
387 Posts
Lay on the bikes right side and really stick your head under it and just above the oval adjusting notches you will see the numbers. Take a marker and highlight the edges around the numbers to see them better or wait till night to look at them. You really have to push on the tool to adjust the shock. Just don't push the bike over. JOHN

There is a pointer under there to tell you what setting your using.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mack400 said:
Lay on the bikes right side and really stick your head under it and just above the oval adjusting notches you will see the numbers. Take a marker and highlight the edges around the numbers to see them better or wait till night to look at them. You really have to push on the tool to adjust the shock. Just don't push the bike over.  JOHN

There is a pointer under there to tell you what setting your using.
ya i can see the numbers a little bit but cant see any pointer deals. the 7 and 1 are the most bottom end numbers and i can see the 3 and 4 sorta towards the exhaust. Would i need to move the 3 to the very bottom side?

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
568 Posts
Just like the last post states, you should see a small piece of metal on the right side of the shock that the spring notches into. The number next to that piece of metal is your setting. You most likely are on #4 right now, to make the ride a little softer you rotate it so the #3 is where the #4 is now. It should be facing the exhaust. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts