M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found an Adjustable Clutch Lever that works with the M109R. ??? I am looking for a lever that won't require me to reach so far.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Get smaller grips. The iso grips are larger than most grips, moving the rear of your hand furthur away from the lever. Thus meaning you will have to reach further to reach the lever. If you get smaller grips, much like the stock grips, you hand is closer to the lever, meaning less you have to reach, and then you can just adjust your clutch lever accordingly.

You only other option is to look at sport bike levers and find a way to make them fit on your bike. A lot of sport bike levers are adjustable, I just dont know if they will fit in our perches. Good luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
You[r] only other option is to look at sport bike levers and find a way to make them fit on your bike. A lot of sport bike levers are adjustable, I just dont know if they will fit in our perches. Good luck
:agree:
Unfortunately, after looking around a good bit, I haven't been able to find anything that works. I thought that Hayabusa levers might work, but when I used some rough measurements I took off my bike against a set of aftermarket 'busa levers in a local shop, it didn't look like they would fit. Someone with unlimited access to aftermarket parts (like someone who runs a shop with a retail section) might be able to find a fit, but I'm not willing to trial-and-error it with something they might not take back.

I'd love to have adjustable levers on my bike, as my hands are very wide but with short(er) fingers. But no luck so far.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,037 Posts
I added a small plastic pin to mine to move the lever back a little. It's been like this for over 2 years and I've had no problems with it. You just readjust it to have the proper free play and make sure the clutch still releases fully. This moves the tip of the lever back about 1/4" to 3/8".

The pin is a plastic "canoe clip" that's just stuck in the cable slot.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I added a small plastic pin to mine to move the lever back a little. It's been like this for over 2 years and I've had no problems with it. You just readjust it to have the proper free play and make sure the clutch still releases fully. This moves the tip of the lever back about 1/4" to 3/8".

The pin is a plastic "canoe clip" that's just stuck in the cable slot.
:agree: I used a something simalor to this with some silacone to help hold it in place, I have also see others here use a screw

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been riding like this for over a year now. Still need the lever about a 1/4 inch closer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts