M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd love some feed back on the following things.

New Rage Cycles LED Rear Turn Signals Suzuki M109R 2006-2021 - RevZilla
Rear turn signal I'm leaning towards. Anything to say about this. Other favorite options and why?

License plate holder: I've been looking around and through all the pictures everyone has put up and I'm really liking the curved one that mounts to the back tire area. Is this lighted? Do I need to buy something separate for lighting it? Does someone have a good link to this?

https://www.meancycles.com/store/parts/view.cfm?subpartID=563303 This is what I'm leaning towards right now.
Front turn signals: They look sick but are they worth the $200? Is there other similar options?

Foot pegs/handlebar grips: I have no idea which to choose at all. My bike is black and chrome with the orange stripe. I'm wanting to get some with chrome and black rubbered grips. different preferences and why will help me make a decision. Was told about Kuryakyn iso wings, but i honestly have ZERO idea. So some feedback here would help me loads.

Bar ends: Does a throttle lock work on this bike? Is it worth it?

Handlebar risers? I'm 5'9' but I have longer arms so the stock setup isn't too bad, I mean I have to lean forward a little bit. Would 2'' riser increase make a huge difference or do I need to go bigger. I'm looking for a more relaxed comfortable position.

Idea for mirrors that would go great with this bike?

I plan on upgrading the headlight to the newer LED one eventually but these are the top things on my to-do list. Other ideas more than welcome and apricated
I'm also attaching a few pictures of the bike to help.

View attachment 419310 View attachment 419312 View attachment 419313 View attachment 419311

·
Registered
738 Posts
I have the same NRC rear signals and Raw Flats up front on my bike. My only issues is I feel the flats aren't quite bright enough, in bright day light, especially being so close to the headlight.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
I have the same NRC rear signals and Raw Flats up front on my bike. My only issues is I feel the flats aren't quite bright enough, in bright day light, especially being so close to the headlight. View attachment 419315 View attachment 419316
Bro, what brand and type of handle bars are those you have on your 9? They look SWEET, along with the rest of your bike. That is a well put together/beautiful machine you have there.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Bro, what brand and type of handle bars are those you have on your 9? They look SWEET, along with the rest of your bike. That is a well put together/beautiful machine you have there.
Thanks for the compliment! They are a set of Highway Hawk Poseidon bars in a set of LA Choppers 1.5'' Risers. They are wider than factory and about a -3 reach compared to OEM. I'm a big fella and need to shorten the reach up to get pressure off my tail bone. It works great for me!

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Thanks for the compliment! They are a set of Highway Hawk Poseidon bars in a set of LA Choppers 1.5'' Risers. They are wider than factory and about a -3 reach compared to OEM. I'm a big fella and need to shorten the reach up to get pressure off my tail bone. It works great for me!
You hit a home run with the way you have modified and upgraded your 9!!! :) (y)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am 5'9" as well. I just installed 2"risers on my bars, and it makes a world of difference (for me). not leaning forward at all now, no stress on my shoulders...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which ones did you end up going with? Did you have to do cable extensions?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm not sure of the brand. I bought them from JUDAH 9 here on the forum. I'm using the stock cables, but had to reroute the clutch cable, and both throttle cables. I'll try to figure out how to post pics.

·
Registered
2019 M109R
23 Posts
I am 5'9" as well. I just installed 2"risers on my bars, and it makes a world of difference (for me). not leaning forward at all now, no stress on my shoulders...
I'm about 6'0" and am debating on a set of risers. Worried they will look weird since the rest of my bike is still stock. I would love to be able to sit back a little bit more though. Think 2" would be enough for me?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm not sure of the brand. I bought them from JUDAH 9 here on the forum. I'm using the stock cables, but had to reroute the clutch cable, and both throttle cables. I'll try to figure out how to post pics.
I'm about 6'0" and am debating on a set of risers. Worried they will look weird since the rest of my bike is still stock. I would love to be able to sit back a little bit more though. Think 2" would be enough for me?
If you go down a ways on the main board, you see "New rider in Utah" post. JUDAH 9 posted some pics of the 2" risers on that thread. They look great! Also, if you message him, I'm sure he can give you more info.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
At you being 6'0" tall, I am certain the +2" Riser Adapter will work great for you, and your desire to sit back a bit more. I'm 5'7" tall, and they definitely allowed me to sit up much more straight, and back a bit further into the seat. I'm very certain you will be happy with the +2" Riser Adapters, and they WON'T make your bike look weird or anything of the sort.

·
Registered
2019 M109R
23 Posts
At you being 6'0" tall, I am certain the +2" Riser Adapter will work great for you, and your desire to sit back a bit more. I'm 5'7" tall, and they definitely allowed me to sit up much more straight, and back a bit further into the seat. I'm very certain you will be happy with the +2" Riser Adapters, and they WON'T make your bike look weird or anything of the sort.
Thank you for the feedback. I have a set sitting in my cart right now. Did you need to swap any of your lines or just reroute them?

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Thank you for the feedback. I have a set sitting in my cart right now. Did you need to swap any of your lines or just reroute them?
You don't have to go to a longer aftermarket set of cables and lines, if you're only going up to +2" Riser Adapters. You can simply re-route your existing stock OEM Cables and Lines.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts