M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum as I have just purchased my new 2013 Limited Edition M109r and will be picking it up at the end of the month from the dealer. My question is has anyone added another speedo in a better viewing position since the stock speedo is located on the tank and you would have to take your eyes off the road to check your speed. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
If your worried about taking a quick glance down to see your speed while riding, maybe you shouldn't ride.:-\

welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum as I have just purchased my new 2013 Limited Edition M109r and will be picking it up at the end of the month from the dealer. My question is has anyone added another speedo in a better viewing position since the stock speedo is located on the tank and you would have to take your eyes off the road to check your speed. Thank you in advance.
I don't know of anyone that did it, but it could be easily done with something like this. It uses magnets (inside your rotor bolts) to tell your speed. You can easily mount it smack in the middle of your handlebars. There's other options as well, this is what a quick search showed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/191077251713?lpid=82

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If your worried about taking a quick glance down to see your speed while riding, maybe you shouldn't ride.:-\

welcome to the forum.
I don't know where you live but cops here love their job and would do anything to pull people over...I have already been through the system and don't want to repeat it. Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
It may look like a long way down, but it's barely a glance and slight head movement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mount a satnav on your handle bars! :bigthumbsup:

I'd prefer to have the rpm in the tank and the speedo in the cowl...
Yes, Suzuki should take note because it's no fun riding without a license due to speeding tickets. An experienced rider shifts by feel and not by looking at the tach so they should be switched!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I want to thank everyone that helped me and made my first experience on this forum a pleasant one!

·
Registered
26 Posts
My Garmin GPS with Ram mount is more accurate and easier to see. Rarely look at factory speedo.

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
I just use the rpm's to tell me around what speed Im at. I still have mine in the stock location.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts