M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on installing the new Custom Dynamics Psycho light kit on my 109, but after looking through the book, there does not appear to be an accessory port on the fuse box. I know LED's draw minimal power, but where would be the best circuit to tie into? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yeah, fused directly from the battery is the way to go. However, I think you could probably tap into the headlight power under the nacelle pretty easily too.

Most Suzukis have a spare female connector near the headlight to power a light bar. That makes it pretty convenient. Never checked if this bike has that though.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
battery is the best. tapping off another system's rail is not good. they are fused individually for a reason. hopefully your LED kit came with at least one fuse for itself.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Appreciate the help. I was thinking of putting on a small, fused accessory block, hooked directly up to the battery, but for LED's, I will just connect it to the battery with an in line fuse. I have a kit from the mfg. with the in line fuse. This is a new kit for me. They are called Psycho lights. They change color randomly. Am going to tackle the task after vacation. Thanks again,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts