M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to add to their seat i.e ebroidery or patches? I found a kick @$$ skull and crossbone that looks old and worn. Its about 3"x4" and really adds a nice look when placed on the driver seat, high toward the back. But, how to keep it there, I reall didn't want to remove all the staples and padding to thread it on that way.

Any suggestions? I was watching the biker build offs one time and a top seat guy was building the seat up and he was explaining about the glue he uses. He said it was the most expensive and highest tack glue on the market. He said it was made from elephant semen. He said it wasn't the glue that was expensive it's what they have to pay the guy to get it? I don't have an elephant to arouse, so where can I get it?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Pull the seat cover off and take it and the patch to a seamstress. The staples are a breeze to put back in. Plus, it will look much better and last longer. Glue will eventually start to peel away and make it look like caa caa :eek:

G

·
Ya there is nothing to taking the stock seat apart, and the glue might be found in a fabric store however remember it turns hard and wouldn't make for a wonderful ride, to sew it on is much better and should only take about 10 min at the most, just walk into your local tailor (in most cases you can even have the local laundry mat do this for you). What ever you do don't use gorilla glue, its great for wood not for something you plan on sitting on. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts