M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just mounted the first air intake to our new intake adapter plate. I will mount the rest as quick as I can over the next few days.

The price for this setup which includes 2 adapter plates and 2 of the air intakes mounted on the plates will be $123.85 with free shipping. The air filter is a round foam filter.

Here is the link in our online store:

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6312&str=290

I will do a photo of it mounted on the bike later today.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hal how do you think yhis will compare to the big air set up. Of course better than stock. I can wait to see pics on the bike. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
775 Posts
to use one of the new intakes; will it be simply take your cover and filter off and put new intake cover on? or are there mods that you'll have to do to use the new one?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have no plans to Dyno any of these intakes.  I think that they will all do a good job just because they are no longer drawing hot air from under the tank.

The intent of these intakes is to give people options that have a different look than our BIGAIR and at a substantially lower price.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
walker said:
to use one of the new intakes; will it be simply take your cover and filter off and put new intake cover on? or are there mods that you'll have to do to use the new one?
I will time myself when I put it on the bike later today.

·
Registered
775 Posts
thanks jr; that's what i was wondering. i'm not all tech minded. if i can take out of the box and put it on , then i can handle it. if i gotta go to the hardware store, then i'm lost.
if this is one of those " take it out of the box and slap it on" kind of things, then i'm definately ordering the one with the crome cap and grilled filter. that one looks tough.

·
Registered
70 Posts
im gonna ask a dumb ???? but ill go out on a limb for the sake of everyone else here,,,,does putting a set of these on require using a re-mapping system ,,ei,,, will she go too lean?? only mod i have is the jds and i love it,,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Every bike is a little different but I think the stock ECU has enough flexibility to handle it. At least it did on my bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is the other extreme for the air kits. It will be the pointed version (sorry but pictures in the warehouse never come out right). Two intake plate adapters and two billet aluminum spike air cleaners with K&N filters $799.

So with the one I posted earlier and with the spike version you now know the range of intakes that can be installed. I will post all of the others that are in between as quick as I can this week.

Here is the link in our online store for this product:

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6313&str=290

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Hal,
On your website for the chrome bigair kit it shows this photo but says "chrome M109R sticker not included". Does that mean that we can purchase those stickers separately? Is it 5 separate stickers per side or what? I think they look awesome! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Great job Hal....I like the Big Air the best and will probably go that route but I think it great that you offer something a bit more reasonably priced and should probably perform nicely . :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BlackCherry said:
Hal,
On your website for the chrome bigair kit it shows this photo but says "chrome M109R sticker not included". Does that mean that we can purchase those stickers separately? Is it 5 separate stickers per side or what? I think they look awesome! :bigthumbsup:

Thats a Lamont special. We will have to see wwhat he is up to on that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
walker said:
to use one of the new intakes; will it be simply take your cover and filter off and put new intake cover on? or are there mods that you'll have to do to use the new one?
We put two intakes on after lunch and total time required was about 30 minutes and that includes some time to remove the gas tank.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I really like the big air kit.... and I love the cone filter even more, but after just buying her I think the only Mod I can afford is the JSD.... Plus the tranny in my truck is going.... But i'll be the first to volunteer my bike for dyno testing the conical intake!!! lol

·
Registered
256 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
I just mounted the first air intake to our new intake adapter plate. I will mount the rest as quick as I can over the next few days.

The price for this setup which includes 2 adapter plates and 2 of the air intakes mounted on the plates will be $123.85 with free shipping. The air filter is a round foam filter.

Here is the link in our online store:

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6312&str=290

I will do a photo of it mounted on the bike later today.
this is more in my budget range, :bigthumbsup:

however i would prefer a k&n filter in this package

tc

1 - 20 of 21 Posts