M109 Rider Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
OMG!!! One Wheel Peel. That's the Carb overflow drain!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::joke:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
This method worked perfect. Brilliant!!!!

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
:agree:Were dumb like a FOX, on this forum aren't we Bosox? And I see your getting around this forum, pretty good yourself! YOU GUY'S the get to wear the hat, and drive the train anyways. (Engineers)

·
Registered
24 Posts
filling the reservoir tank

You are the man!! Had to take the front cowls off and tank this past Fall and thought never again!! The coolant level is still not remaining level so I must still need to tighten things. So, maybe one more time apart but then never again with this idea. :congrats:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Coolant fill

Something told me to check this link once again. I was just about to go and get the Turkey Baster. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Thanks for the tip, your champ for sharing. Gonna remember this one ;)

Boogs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
474 Posts
Did a quick search and found this thread. Thanks!

I wondered why I never really seen the overflow tube hanging down on my bike, so when I went to do this, the damn tube was pinched by Suzuki at the factory and was jammed between a bracket and the side cowling! I had a bitch of a time trying to pull it free!

Also for you R/C nuts like me, I used a nitro filling bottle to do the trick. Worked perfect!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Much simpler than pulling apart the radiator cover. What a time saver.

G

·
Fantastic idea. Fan-tas-tic. Added coolant in 45 seconds vs 45 minutes. Took me much longer to get the bottle!

I love the board just for this reason, always a great idea.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Just wanted to thanks the OP for this, I did it today on the morning in less than 5 min,. and arrived to work early.

Kudos and TY!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Out of curiosity, does the old fluid have to be replaced at all? I have no idea what level or how much fluid I have right now... I did have some spillage one time and it looked like a thicker, green fluid... I'm wondering if it needs to be fully drained and replaced?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Out of curiosity, does the old fluid have to be replaced at all? I have no idea what level or how much fluid I have right now... I did have some spillage one time and it looked like a thicker, green fluid... I'm wondering if it needs to be fully drained and replaced?
I have changed mine and a couple other bikes once each. At around 10,000. You'd be surprised at how much buildup there is in the bottom of that radiator. It's a good thing to do every 2 to 3 years.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
What is the danger in overfilling the reservoir
I added way too much
The only danger is that if you have way too much and a bunch starts squirting out......you're back tire is there running over that slick stuff.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have been following this procedure but my last top-up was done by taking out the over flow hose from the center of the bottom cover and also the side of the radiator, beside it's cover. Lifted the hose up near the cap of the over flow tank and started pumping the coolant in. Much faster filling.
After that, put the hose back at the side of the reservoir and slot back the hose into the center of the cover at the bottom.

P1020603.jpg P1020604.jpg

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
That's what I like about this forum. Somebody is always thinking and willing to share.

GW
I agree 100%.. that is a neat idea... AWESOME!!!!! thanks for sharing.....on my way to the Dollar Tree... LOL:yourock:

21 - 40 of 55 Posts