M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to add some leds underneath my rear cowl to operate as running and brake lights. I ended up putting the brake lights around the taillight and the running lights under the cowl. I used the leds from auto zone packaged by Pilot but the actual leds are made by a company call Alpena. I think it turned out pretty good for $40 and an hour of labor.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree and they all work:joke:

Looks good JD:bigthumbsup:
Now I won't have to throw my hand out to signal the guy behind me ALL THE TIME! Now I am working on getting some white and blue LEDs so I can stop traffic like you do. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a guy walk up to me this morning at PT formation (5:20 am) and said "your bike looks like the devil is trying to get out from behind your arse with those red lights back there" I said "nope, he is just trying to hang on for his life". :evil: I thought that was pretty funny. Even my buddies that don't ride like it because they can see the brake and tailights so much easier.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hey JD... any chance of getting another pic posted if your tailight from further back??

I'd like the POV as if I was sitting behind you at a set of lights. Looks good brother and for $40 you CAN'T go wrong!!

Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts