M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
After this mod by bike idles at 1300 in nuetral. Drops to 900 when the clutch is in. Not sure I like that, but the power is smoother and stronger. Just hope this doesn't hurt anything longterm.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Felix, watz up , was it removed or something? That was a GREAT writeup....... :dontknow:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I asked for it to be removed based on some recent issues I was having that I needed "distance" for.

Jeff should have the pictures (which were most of the write up anyway) although they should be updated due to the new Gen 2 product and no red ground wire. I'm on the road right now but can email them out this weekend if someone really needs them.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I just want to know what you think is the best way to get in there and actually work! haha I took all the stuff off of the bike, but couldn't get in there to separate the ECU. Is the ground wire going to be long enough to reach where it needs to?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would suggest a small flathead jewlers screwdriver to push the tabs down and discoonect the plugs. Hold the plug in one hand and press down on the tab with a small screwdriver. Should pop right apart.

The new version doesn't have a ground wire, just 2 plugs. If you do have the ground wire (older version) there are 2 grounding options. The easy one is the GOLD screw on the main panel next to the conectors. The harder one (but probably a better ground requires a 8MM wrench and tiny hands. If you look just forward of the connectors you will see the engine ground wire (Black), loosen the bolt connecting that to the engine and slip the JSD ground wire under the engine ground lug. Tighten the bolt back down and you should be good. The wire should be long enough for either point.

Make SURE to only pull on the connector (not the wires) as the wires are only crimped into the pins and could come out if you pull on only the wires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts