M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have finally finished adding things for a while. I bought just the Corbin back seat with the back rest, put on the Memphis Shades and a tank bag that holds on by magnets. I already had the Switch Blades, bungee studs, and ISO grips and helmet locks so with the exception of a custom paint job I think it is done.

Listening to all of you try different things helped a great deal. Thanks guys.

Here is the bike http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1181478&pid=2552007&myphotos=1

G

·
sailor34957 said:
...with the exception of a custom paint job I think it is done.
Experience talking here: Once the mod bug bites it is never "DONE"

Somebody will come out with something else you want...

G

·
Nice work, I like the size of the back rest. Looking at the setup I'm guessing this will only work with the Corbin seat? Or is that a stock seat that you cut a hole into? Sorry if this is already posted

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The back seat and rest cost $500. It fit perfectly. The backrest comes with the seat. I don't think you could adapt one to the stock seat do to light frame it is on. As far as adding much more I was really burned out buying things for my Harley Ultra and Deauce. It is nice not to have to spend a lot as the bike comes so well done already.

Big Joe asked if they made a back rest for the driver. I sent them an email and received this:

Hi Gary,

Thanks for writing. Due to the size of the hardware in relation to our front seat and the mounting hardware, we were unable to incorporate a driver backrest. We have done parts solely based on customer demand - do you think a driver backrest would go over well with the M109R faithful?

I'll forward this to our R & D department for their consideration. If there's anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Regards,
Michael Alva
Corbin Saddles

·
Registered
484 Posts
Corbin made that backseat look nice. I wish it was a little more affordable. It keeps the nice flow of the bike.

Has your passenger gave it a ride yet?  I bet it is more comfortable than the stock seat. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
sailor34957 said:
As far as adding much more I was really burned out buying things for my Harley Ultra and Deauce. It is nice not to have to spend a lot as the bike comes so well done already.Â
Well, good for you! Let's hope those feelings won't change... ;)

ps.: Three things I am only sure off in life are Change, Death and Taxes (not in that order)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the compliments. My normal rides here in NC are 170 - 250 per day. My wife came along last weekend and said the seat was much better and the backrest really helped her. I am really glad I bought it. It was high but kept the looks of the bike and helped my wife enjoy the ride more.

Gary

1 - 13 of 13 Posts