M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Hal.

I have a silver bullet.

Is solar clear?

I am thinking that it's probably the one but haven't seen a picture.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HalGreenlee said:
The guys from Memphis Shade were up here at Americade and put together a new windshield for the M109.

I set mine so that the rake of the windshield matches the angle of the fron fork tubes.

Comes off in about 30 seconds.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hal,

You and Lamont are the biggest asset to us M109 owners who aren't creative enough or have the time to put into finding the right parts that look the best and function the best on our bikes.  I think I speak for a lot of people here when I say we appreciate everything you, Lamont and all the others who do the "research" for our bikes do for us.

Thanks,
Chris

p.s.  Just ordered the solar shield from directline for my Silver Bullet

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Any suggestions on what color for my Burple Beast?? I'm thinking I'll have to go with either clear or solar, but curious if any colors would go with it.
:p

·
Registered
456 Posts
I really like that windshield. One question, if you wear a helemt, do you expreience any addition head buffeting with this shield on than without?

Thanks
Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1. I would call the Solar a clear with some overall light tint.

2. My experience was no head buffeting. Just some air noise.

·
Registered
817 Posts
What? There's no clear available at all???

It only shows the colors and the solar, but no clear. Same deal on the Memphis Shades web site. :verymad:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wanted said:
What? There's no clear available at all???

It only shows the colors and the solar, but no clear. Same deal on the Memphis Shades web site. :verymad:
And no pink either. Whats up with that?

Buy the solar if you want clear. Its pretty close.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Hal, thanks for getting these out so quick. Send me mine before you start fabricating the pink one for wanted. I have a long trip this weekend and don't have time for you to color his the perfect shade of pink.

·
Registered
817 Posts
L-Train said:
Hal, thanks for getting these out so quick. Send me mine before you start fabricating the pink one for wanted. I have a long trip this weekend and don't have time for you to color his the perfect shade of pink.
Bite me. I ordered the solar, you wanker. :D

(That should hold me 'til the pink comes out)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
jloss said:
No helmet buffeting? Could you please tell us how tall you are so I can gauge my own situation?
Got to put this in perspective. I usually ride without a windshield. So what is head buffeting to you may not be head buffeting to me. But I felt nothing other than some extra wind noise.

I am 5"10" with short legs and long torso. I always wear a full face helmet.

·
Registered
817 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
calm down wanted we know you really wanted pink but don't get personal :joke:maybe you can get a paas easter egg coloring kit and tint your solar shield pink....jk
Actually, I am thinking of going rainbow with it... :joke:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Joshua_109 said:
Any suggestions on what color for my Burple Beast?? I'm thinking I'll have to go with either clear or solar, but curious if any colors would go with it.
:p
Same here.. Are they color matched for the Violet Blue bikes? I'm very interested in this shield.

As for buffeting, any shield that puts the airstream directly over your helmet will cause some buffeting. This shield is not that tall so most of the airflow is directed around your upper chest and neck like a sportbike.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts