M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While i had the bike tore down again i decided to add a few more leds, i took the bike apart so i could block off the pair valves, Thanx to Jglass for the how to Marble trick! No more poping on the decel! I added them around the tailight,under the front directional signal bar, and inside the radiator shroud. Just wanted to share these pics.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Great to hear you finally got the PAIR valves blocked. :bigthumbsup: And those lights look killer! :beer2:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great to hear you finally got the PAIR valves blocked. :bigthumbsup: And those lights look killer! :beer2:
Thanx Glen, you were right on with blocking off the pair valves, just wondering if i need to re-adjust the cobra fuel pot now, im at 2-3-2. I rode the bike after and no pop, it did seem a little slugish compaired to before with out the valves blocked. which one should i adjust?

·
Registered
319 Posts
where is the blue mounted? under the air intake?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
While i had the bike tore down again i decided to add a few more leds, i took the bike apart so i could block off the pair valves, Thanx to Jglass for the how to Marble trick! No more poping on the decel! I added them around the tailight,under the front directional signal bar, and inside the radiator shroud. Just wanted to share these pics.

How much do you charge for hooking these bad boys up.............mine are giving me fits right now. Bike is still apart and not having fun yet...............

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,096 Posts
Thanx Glen, you were right on with blocking off the pair valves, just wondering if i need to re-adjust the cobra fuel pot now, im at 2-3-2. I rode the bike after and no pop, it did seem a little slugish compaired to before with out the valves blocked. which one should i adjust?
The PAIR valves don't affect the fueling at all. All they do is dump air into the exhaust after the exhaust valve on deceleration so that any unburnt fuel can burn in the catalytic converter.

The first pot is idle up to about 4500 rpm at cruise. The second pot kicks in any time you accelerate. The third pot makes it richer across the board. If it feels sluggish on acceleration bump your second pot up a half click and see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The PAIR valves don't affect the fueling at all. All they do is dump air into the exhaust after the exhaust valve on deceleration so that any unburnt fuel can burn in the catalytic converter.

The first pot is idle up to about 4500 rpm at cruise. The second pot kicks in any time you accelerate. The third pot makes it richer across the board. If it feels sluggish on acceleration bump your second pot up a half click and see if that helps.
Thanx Mike, I will give that a try. It wasn't to bad but this little tweek should help!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Your bike looks AMAZING!!! :bow::bow:

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Crazy, your bike looks awesome with all those LED going. Very good placement. You get "Three Thumbs UP" :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:. I do have a few question which I hope you don't mind me asking; What type of LEDs are you using? Can they be cut by sections for proper fitment and re-attached to other sections? Have you tried any of the flexible ones coming out of Hong Kong which they sell on e-bay? Any other suggestions? I am really interested in lighting up my 9 also but don't know which of the kits offer the most flexibility and reliability.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LEDS

Crazy, your bike looks awesome with all those LED going. Very good placement. You get "Three Thumbs UP" :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:. I do have a few question which I hope you don't mind me asking; What type of LEDs are you using? Can they be cut by sections for proper fitment and re-attached to other sections? Have you tried any of the flexible ones coming out of Hong Kong which they sell on e-bay? Any other suggestions? I am really interested in lighting up my 9 also but don't know which of the kits offer the most flexibility and reliability.
Try Joe Floridas Accent lighting, many kits to get ya going, get the ones with 6' of wire, that way they will reach from anywhere on the bike. you can always cut them to fit. I personaly dont care for the pods, they r not very bright. Also autozone carrys some leds, if you get the ones from joe get the remote setup, he is easy to work with and has some great products. Just take your time and you will have success! Just check out his website! hope this gets ya goin in the right direction! CJ :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.