M109 Rider Forums banner

Add me to the list.....

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  1dmccoy 
#1 ·
Add me to the list guys. I was on my way home from work stopped at a light. I put the bike into gear, the bike jumps foward and kills.:redfaced: I start all over, same results. I'm in traffic sweating bullets on a cold day. I get of the main street some kind of a way wondering what the heck is wrong. :dontknow: The clutch cable is fine, what the____ is wrong?? :dontknow:Well you all know what is wrong. That damn nut as backed off, and I'm stuck limping all the way home in second gear. I had to try and keep rolling, because if I didn't the bike would kill... which did happen quite a few times. Man that sucks!! :mad: It will be in the shop in a few days. I hope it isn't very costly. Just had to vent.:-\

#6 ·
It usually doesn't. The nut holds the basket in place. Everything will appear fine, then the nut spins off and the basket is free to do whatever. Basically you are done at that point. Friend had it happen, shifting into another gear at 60 mph on the beltway and had to find his way across 2 lanes to get over. Said it was a very scary experience with DC traffic hunting to kill him.

#10 ·
Seriously , It isn't that hard to take care of your self , At the Spring meet Two years ago , I saw it checked out in a parking lot at the Hotel !
check Bigpapas Link out , and Do it your self , It will restore your Confidence in the Bike and give you some pride in doing it yourself

I'm not a Nine Mechanic , but i stayed in a Holiday Inn a few times:joke:

#11 ·
Seriously , It isn't that hard to take care of your self , At the Spring meet Two years ago , I saw it checked out in a parking lot at the Hotel !
check Bigpapas Link out , and Do it your self , It will restore your Confidence in the Bike and give you some pride in doing it yourself

I'm not a Nine Mechanic , but i stayed in a Holiday Inn a few times:joke:
You mean you guys just tore into a bike for show and tell???? :eek:

#14 ·
Add me to the list guys. I was on my way home from work stopped at a light. I put the bike into gear, the bike jumps foward and kills.:redfaced: I start all over, same results. I'm in traffic sweating bullets on a cold day. I get of the main street some kind of a way wondering what the heck is wrong. :dontknow: The clutch cable is fine, what the____ is wrong?? :dontknow:Well you all know what is wrong. That damn nut as backed off, and I'm stuck limping all the way home in second gear. I had to try and keep rolling, because if I didn't the bike would kill... which did happen quite a few times. Man that sucks!! :mad: It will be in the shop in a few days. I hope it isn't very costly. Just had to vent.:-\
did you call suzuki main office and report it. you need to.

#16 ·
Hell Yea!!!

Im in and what every it takes, if this :edit: happen to me I know I would be :edit:. I couldnt imagine being out on a trip and some crap like this happen, and Dave you know I don't get out. But to hit the road or be out of town and a tranny problem like this makes no sense. And from what I read you don't know when it will happen. High miles low miles whatever it may be its BS. Well I'm in for whatever it takes and if letter need to be written I down for it. Keep me posted. Man Dave, like I said the problems that I am hearing from this bike is making me look more to jumping back in a sports bike (zx12,zx14) I never had these issues with my Kawasaki's only wear and tear item. It's a shame a bike that looks this good and set the standards for sports cruisers has these issues. Well Dave for how you ride a Goldwing may be the best solid choice for you, and every one I hear that talks about one says there bulletproof.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.