M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love my wife to death but with those small rear foot pegs she keeps putting her heels on the pipes and heat with rubber not a good combo. Does any one know the part # for the kuryakin adapter for the rear foot peg mounts. :eek: :confused:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ordered the zombie pegs and the adapters but the pegs showed up and the adapters are on back order, this has been a month now. Where did you find your adapters in stock?

G

·
I do not believe that Kuryakyn has adapters for the rear footpegs yet. They have them for the front, but not the rear.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just received a return email from Kuryakyn today, that stated they are working on the adapters for the rear pegs, but probably won't be out till next spring.
Also, to lower the rear pegs, looks like it won't work unless you change the stock pipes.

·
Registered
243 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
are you gonna take your stock pipes off? Because that's watt'll have to happen
Ya I have dragsters, so there is room now to lower the pegs. My wife's butt gets so sore because of the angle at which her legs sit on the pegs. More than any other issue. (No back rest or seat firmness)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Gentlemen,
There are no rear adapters for the back yet. I have Zombie pegs that I just put on the rear of my bike. I ordered the adapters for the front and modified them to fit. The stock pegs have a spring and ball bearing that lock the peg in the up or down position. What I did was used the stock peg as a guide to drill the adapter to accept the spring and ball bearing. You have to take into account the position of the washer which uses the ball bearing to lock the peg while it is on the bike and use it to get the position to drill the adapter. Take your time and start with a small bit working up to the diameter of the spring. I will be posting pictures. You will need to put a washer on the other side because the adapter is smaller in width.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts