M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figured out a good way to carry an acoustic guitar on your 9. I am not complete without my axe but it is the most un aerodynamic thing I can think of.

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
If you played the harmonica,you'd have no issues..;)Did see a guy riding with one sticking out of his backpack....:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
219 Posts
guitar

Bro jsut strap it to your back and hold on a little tighter I do it all the time, did it theis past weekend going 90 on the highway to a gig. After a few times your just used to it, jsut be sure to inspect your straps every now and then.

·
Registered
497 Posts
the wind drag on the neck cant be good for it

·
Registered
205 Posts
If your going to travel with a guitar on a motorcycle, I would not take an acoustic guitar.

Last year, I traveled to AZ and Utah with my black Traveler Speedster.

The guitar's arm rest unbolts from the body, and the whole thing slides into a gig bag about 28" long.

To accompany this guitar I have a Boss Digital Micro Recorder:

This gives me lots of background music to play to, and if I want to get creative, I can record my funky tunes....

This setup worked very well in a T-Bag on my back seat...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Has anyone figured out a good way to carry an acoustic guitar on your 9. I am not complete without my axe but it is the most un aerodynamic thing I can think of.
You know come to think of it I go nowhere without my skin flute! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hey strat... I make a living as a musician.. most of my gigs lately are solo acoustic... I can tell you with absolute certainty that carrying an acoustic guitar on your back is A HORRIBLE IDEA..

1. A "gig bag" or soft case is a horrible thing to do to an acoustic guitar because changes in temperature and humidity causes the wood to swell and contract. This can cause bowing in the wood.. joints coming apart, adhesives under the brige and joints failing.. misalignment of the neck/bridge, cracks in your clear coat..Your guitar is made of a few different kinds of wood that react differently to environmental stressors.. the cross braces inside the body will distort and ruin your guitar.. the neck/body mating will also be affected and no matter how much time you spend adjusting your truss rod.. you'll never get it right because your neck is twisted, and the body will be warped

1b. .. carrying an "axe" in a soft case outdoors is a no-no to begin with... but having it on your back allows the wind to apply pressure to the neck and body of your guitar - acting like a parachute on the road.. even if you make it to your destination with the guitar intact, it will have taken its toll on the wood, and you might not see the evidence for days or weeks.

2. carry your acoustic in a Hard case as often as possible.. this is the only way I'd carry it on the bike.. I've done it a time or two.. I strapped mine down on my luggage rack.. it sticks out a bit for sure, but it worked.. just remember if the temp riding is different than the temp where you plan to play the guitar, let it sit in the case for 10 min when you arrive to allow the temp inside the case to adjust SLOWLY..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts