M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Fellow 9'ers,

I have an idea regarding additional accent lighting. I currently have accent lighting in the engine compartment of my 9 and lights in the front wheel aswell as a set of pods in the rear.

I have already noticed that the lighting in the rear needs some additional help so I have decided to add an addtion set of lights in the very rear. I was thinking of adding a strip of lights in the front grill. What I would like to know if there is anyone ut there that has placed lights in the front grill, if so how hard was that to do yourself if you did the work yourself.

I am also thinking of putting lighting under the bike aswell along the frame. My 9 is silver and I am going with white lights. I think that is a really great color for this bike. It looks great so far but I am looking for that extra pop!

Any ideas and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, pictures would be even better if ya got'em. Thanks again take care and enjoy the ride. And most of all be safe!!!

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
i just got done adding some led's to the bike in the grill area. i have a ton of led's all over the bikes. PM your email address and I can send some pics over.

I will be posting some updated pics on the forum over the weeken when I have some time to polish all the chrome and take some pics on a sunny day and at night with the led's glowing.

·
Registered
913 Posts
i just got done adding some led's to the bike in the grill area. i have a ton of led's all over the bikes. PM your email address and I can send some pics over.

I will be posting some updated pics on the forum over the weeken when I have some time to polish all the chrome and take some pics on a sunny day and at night with the led's glowing.
Purple LED's dont count :D:D:D

·
Registered
262 Posts
there is a ton of room in the grill area. I have 48 lights just on my grill.

as far as the back wheel......

i have 120 lights on mine but 1 strip on each side would do you great

then the same strips under the frame (just inside the frame rails to allow for use of jacks). 96 lights on the ground gives off a ton of light.

I use lights that are like the "Stingerz" from custom dynamics.

let me know if you need help with the install. I can walk you thru it all.:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,655 Posts
To get the best lighting for you, you just need to take your time (countless hours) to get it right. So they shine where you want them and so the LEDS are not seen. Good luck.

·
Registered
112 Posts
To get the best lighting for you, you just need to take your time (countless hours) to get it right. So they shine where you want them and so the LEDS are not seen. Good luck.
:agree:
Take your tme,,not only do you want the lights not seen,, but locate them in places where you don't have remove them if you need to work on the bike!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
you can put stripes under speedometer,cowl,tach housing,I even have a light behind the half moon piece,just go for it an try different places.almost forgot there is a post on here of a guy who put a ring behind derby cover look bad a$$.good luck and get ready for the stares at night.my rear wheel is in my avatar no real good pics of whole bike yet.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there is a ton of room in the grill area. I have 48 lights just on my grill.

as far as the back wheel......

i have 120 lights on mine but 1 strip on each side would do you great

then the same strips under the frame (just inside the frame rails to allow for use of jacks). 96 lights on the ground gives off a ton of light.

I use lights that are like the "Stingerz" from custom dynamics.

let me know if you need help with the install. I can walk you thru it all.:bigthumbsup:
Thanks for the suggestions and ideas! I will take some pics of what I currently have and I will post new pics of what I finally came up with. It's alwaysa best to see it first. Thanks again everyone!!! :a18:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts