M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I'm new to the board and really like the site. I'm about to go out this weekend and try to buy me one of these 109's. I'm in Dallas and have called and talked to a lot of dealers. They all are asking 12,399. What is the average you all are paying and does cash get you a better deal?

Just trying to get a feel on how much not to leave on the table.

Thanks
BB

·
Registered
291 Posts
Check out this thread: http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=423.0

I think price and availability was discussed. If you can negotiate the price down like some have done then go for it. I think the problem is that most dealers are now realizing that they will only be getting like a handful of these bikes and therefore aren't going to move much on the price. I paid $12,399 for mine but perhaps I was foolish...but after having the bike for two weeks I don't regret my decision in the least (except maybe the color).

Those dealers that did lower there prices may have done it for specific reasons due to lack of business or other financial obligations. I know my dealer called his dealer rep. while I was there buying my bike to see if they could increase their order and he said "yeah no problem we will send you more". That was two weeks ago today and when I spoke with him the other day he said that now they have been told they will NOT actually be getting any additional units as previously promised, only their original allotment of 3 units but who knows, maybe a new batch will come out and suddenly flood the market with an over-supply of M109Rs?

I think your best bet if you are looking to get one cheap is to go to more economically depressed parts of the country where money doesn't grow on trees like it does here in the DC area. Maybe in Mississippi you can get a deal. But then, how much is your time worth and how much will your travel expenses and missed work cost you?

In the end, I think it's a judgement call, one that if you wait too long to make, will be made for you when someone else swoops in and buys the bike out from under you for $12,399 like I did to several others who were on the fence like you.

·
Registered
101 Posts
BigBubba said:
Hi All

I'm new to the board and really like the site. I'm about to go out this weekend and try to buy me one of these 109's. I'm in Dallas and have called and talked to a lot of dealers. They all are asking 12,399. What is the average you all are paying and does cash get you a better deal?

Just trying to get a feel on how much not to leave on the table.

Thanks
BB
For reference. Im a car dealer myself but still applies. Cash doesn't get ya a better deal, In fact we PREFER you finance b/c the banks pay us for your business. We HATE cash deals unless credit dictates them necessary. Don't forget the one thing that makes a good deal. If YOU feel what you bought is worth what you paid for it, its a good deal, 10 grand or 100 grand.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I was referring to your tax dollars hard at work. The federal government dishes out money around here "as if it grew on trees" so I was just speaking figuratively.

·
Registered
36 Posts
From one Bubba (my nick name since childhood) to another, get one. They're going fast. Just make sure they put the right amount of oil in it - 3.8 US quarts total. Get some freebies if possible. I got one year's storage for free. I'll also negotiate to get a discount (or free) on the 600 mile checkup since they overfilled the oil on mine. Also consider an extended warranty since it's a 1st year production. With Suzuki, they'll offer it to you for up to about 1 year - confirm it with a dealer.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I too paid $12,399 + tax, but got a really, really outstanding deal on my trade in, so I suppose that counts as somewhat of a discount.

You might have been able to finagle a better deal when they were first released. But by now, any dealer worth his franchise knows that if you won't pay full boat today, somebody else will tomorrow. Add that to the fact that springtime is about the worst time to try to get a deal on any bike.

Just buy it and be done with it. Jerking yourself around for a few hundred bucks just ain't worth it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Guys be careful the bike is over 27 inches tall in the main seat and it can not be adjusted down!!!!!!! I like the bike but if you are 5 7" or less be ware and look at the reach to the handlebars its like a crouch rocket

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
rootbeer said:
Guys be careful the bike is over 27 inches tall in the main seat and it can not be adjusted down!!!!!!! I like the bike but if you are 5 7" or less be ware and look at the reach to the handlebars its like a crouch rocket
Somebody needs to help this guy! He's got a crouch rocket! I've never heard of these! Try a Crotch Rocket!

It's a great bike and no matter the price what matters most is that you feel you got a good deal and that you are happy. I got mine for $11800 OTR. I felt I got a good deal considering dealer cost is 10400-10500 and there is set up and tax on top of that. They have to make a little money (I'm a car salesman myself) Just make sure that you are happy with the deal. There are several here in the Des Moines area and most are willing to deal. The place where I bought mine said I was only the second person in to them about the 109. If you wanna buy it and pay for my flight back I'd be willing to drive it to you ;) Good Luck and Happy Buying!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all of input.

I will go in tomorrow morning to the dealer, cut my best deal and ride out grinning, eating bugs. CAN'T WAIT.

I'm getting excited, I've never had a v-twin. I've had a Katana 750 and a Bandit 1200 and I'm ready to relax and act my age.

HEHE.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
if you want to take a 5 hr drive to tulsa you can get one for around $11k. there is also a dealer a little further north that will probably do $10,700.
Bartlesville Cycle sports they're on the web, just can't remember the addy right now. Good Luck

·
Registered
172 Posts
Joshua_109 said:
Somebody needs to help this guy! He's got a crouch rocket! I've never heard of these! Try a Crotch Rocket!

It's a great bike and no matter the price what matters most is that you feel you got a good deal and that you are happy. I got mine for $11800 OTR. I felt I got a good deal considering dealer cost is 10400-10500 and there is set up and tax on top of that. They have to make a little money (I'm a car salesman myself)Â Just make sure that you are happy with the deal. There are several here in the Des Moines area and most are willing to deal. The place where I bought mine said I was only the second person in to them about the 109. If you wanna buy it and pay for my flight back I'd be willing to drive it to you ;)Â Good Luck and Happy Buying!
What dealer did you buy yours at in DSM? That seems like a good deal and Im only 4 hours east

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
If they won't discount...then get them to throw in freebees...such as an quality helmet , jacket, gloves, boots...whatever ....everything is negotiable.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't know why they are asking so much down there.. I know of one dealer here in MN selling them for 10,895 and another for 10,999. This is where I picked mine up, they know what their doing also, no oil overfill or any problems.

http://www.stcloudsuzuki.com/

Blur,MN

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
horseplay said:
What dealer did you buy yours at in DSM? That seems like a good deal and Im only 4 hours east
I bought it from Country Cycle in Winterset. I was just there last week and they still had a black and silver waiting to be purchased. They are a smaller dealership in a small town and haven't had much traffic in on this bike. Send me a PM and I'll get you the guys number and name and I'm sure he'll get you a great deal!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts