M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I stiil use the stock rear turn signals with the new cycle house bracket? I don't want to cut anything up if I need new lights. If anyone has pics that would be great!

G

·
I assume you mean Directline Parts?

I asked Lamont the same question a while back and the answer is yes, we can use the stock turn signals.

Haven't ordered mine yet so no pics.........

·
Registered
292 Posts
I did the plate mod two weeks ago, and I'm using the stock lights.... You have to use some washers to make them work. I think they stick out a little too far for my taste, and they shake quite a bit.. I've ordered some small bullet lights from direct line to replace them. The rear end looks so much better with this mod, no matter what lights you use. Do it!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Cut it off, it looks way better and its very easy to do. The meanness factor from the rear goes up about 70% without that hunk of plastic. I used the led strips for the under cowl turn signals, now just need to finish the tag holder with a cobalt back tag frame with Led. Its all very easy to do, all the wiring is right there under the fender cover. All you need is a hacksaw blade and refer to the how too post Lam has up.

Blur, MN

·
Registered
181 Posts
FatmotherM109 said:
Can I stiil use the stock rear turn signals with the new cycle house bracket? I don't want to cut anything up if I need new lights. If anyone has pics that would be great!
Yes, sure can. I used the stock lights with the cycle house bracket.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. Going to chop it off as soon as the parts get in and the plates. This bike gets to much attention to not have turn signals, I have to waive at enough people already. :D

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
FatmotherM109 said:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts