M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a question about the Kewlmetal Air ride kit. If I already lowered by bike with 2.25" lowering bones, is this air ride kit still able to be installed or will i have to change out bones to regular. Thinking about going low low low! Thanks

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
safety first hink. i would strongly suggest that you put on the stock bones with any air ride system.

HINK: did you get the arnott manifold??

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
The most you can go is 1.5" bones with the KewlMetal and not bottom out. And even then it's really close.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
ive got 1 1/2 bones and mine sits on the tire when i slam it. maybe because of the 300:dontknow:. great theft deterrent if you dont know where the switches are cause you sure as hell aint gonna push it away.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have both Air Ride and lowering bones. With a new 250 Elite 3 tire, the bones have to be no more than 3/16 to 1/4in shorter than stock or it will rub in the fender. It does look way better at the lowest but if tire rubs, BIG TROUBLE if air ride malfunction occurs. Happened to me. Glad I had bones set so they did'nt rub or I would have been walking. And your still stuck with having to get the bike back to the shop with tire rubbing and holding you back; not worth the risk.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
ive got 1 1/2 bones and mine sits on the tire when i slam it. maybe because of the 300:dontknow:. great theft deterrent if you dont know where the switches are cause you sure as hell aint gonna push it away.
I would say it's the 300 tire too. It's probably hitting on the outside edges, near where you normally have to flatten the ribs.

When I had the air ride on I measured all around the tire with it aired down, and the least clearance I had was 1 3/4" with the E3 250 tire on it. I'm thinking about getting a shorter set of bones and putting it back on sometime. I didn't mind it, but I couldn't run it aired down much without really messing with the ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts