M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my parts man at my Dealership, Ron Ayers, Greenville, N.C., has found a company that will integrate the 109 tail light. He advised it would take about 2 weeks to get light back to the bike. You can buy a new light from Suzuki and send it and total will be about $350 which includes the price of a new light or you can take yours off and send in and park the bike for about 2 weeks for $150. I got a message this morning advising me of this but I called back and he had left for the day. When I get the 800 number and name and location of the company I will post it here. Doug :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :clap2:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Damn thats pretty expensive even for sending your existing tail light to them. Dont think I'll be doing that.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Right on, I might just do that. I was about to invest in some stealthed LEDs for mine, but this might be an alternative.

Thanks!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I THINK THATS THE M50'S TAIL THERE FINISHING WHEN I ASKED THEM MIDLAST WEEK THEY NEEDED A PIC OF THE M109R

·
Registered
24 Posts
sorry about the yeallin thing didnt know it was like that anyway i sent him 3 pics of our tailsection he loved the look of the bike which told me he's never seen this bike before i sent him the pic's so dont count on any tiallignt from clearalternatives but i do have the guy ready to do it he say's send him the light he'll make the prototype for free i just dont want to take my light off it'll take him some time to do so i wanted to buy one and send it to him so i dont loose out on any time

G

·
He'll make it for free if someone sends in their taillight? I wonder what the turnaround is. I will be out of town all of next week...

G

·
i have been speaking to clr lens for weeks the 109 tail light is in r&d as we speak it should only be a week or 2 before they get released so im told and its supposed to be about 135 bucks hope this helps if you want the number i will post it

G

·
Yes, can you post the phone number or a link? I am not familiar with clr lens. I know of two people who plan on doing this when the come out.

G

·
That's super expensive!!! i bought an integrated LED turn signal into taillamp kit for my sabre from an ebay auction for less than $80 and I did not have to ship the old taillight out. That company does tons of other bikes as well... I am sure they will work something out for the 9...

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Have you looked at the back light by removing it from the bike & looking inside it? I have and its noty pretty. I had to use a dremel tool to cut the lense at the base of the light for inside access to the LEDS & wiring.

There are 3 circuits on each side (Hlaf of lite) and are staggered with different voltages between them.

I'm sure someone with more electronisc background than me could figure it out but I dont think it will be simple. I believe new circuits would have to be devised to modify & function with an integrator, :yikes: :dontknow: :tools: :doorag:

·
Registered
58 Posts
dbritton1963 said:
Ok, my parts man at my Dealership, Ron Ayers, Greenville, N.C., has found a company that will integrate the 109 tail light. He advised it would take about 2 weeks to get light back to the bike. You can buy a new light from Suzuki and send it and total will be about $350 which includes the price of a new light or you can take yours off and send in and park the bike for about 2 weeks for $150. I got a message this morning advising me of this but I called back and he had left for the day. When I get the 800 number and name and location of the company I will post it here. Doug :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :clap2:
Are you saying that Suzuki has an integrated tailight option? A little more info on this please....

G

·
this was my idea as soon as I got my bike. it shouldn't be too hard to do but I haven't looked into it yet. If you could run a set of LEDs in the existing locations on the left and right side of the tail light that would illuminate in sequence from the bottom to the top when you applied the turn signal would be rad. A friend also has a plan to make the tail light flush with the rest of the rear fender. That would take a bit more work but would also be rad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts