M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think I have seen a thread on this, but in case you didn't know, AAA now has motorcycle coverage. If you have a Plus or Premier Membership the bike will be covered for up to 4 service calls for $35 per year. This includes jump start, fuel and or "TOWING" for up to 100 miles from break down point. I priced one guy that does bike towing and he wants $60 for 20 miles then so much per mile after that. For those of us that want the security of knowing you won't have to leave the beast or push it, this is an awsome deal. Check out AAA.COM for all the details

Enjoy the ride:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I believe someone did post on this topic before. The only problem is that you can't buy coverage for motorcycles only. I don't need AAA because of my auto warranty. But, if would be good to have.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
My AMA membership gives me full roadside assistance for my bike...all my cars and would cover all my kids cars...if they were still at home.

·
Radio Active Member
27,687 Posts
I have Bigpapa's motor club. :bigthumbsup: If we break down, we just give a shout out to other local riders and we all pitch in when and where we can. But this policy is only valid in the Washington, DC area.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I have Bigpapa's motor club. :bigthumbsup: If we break down, we just give a shout out to other local riders and we all pitch in when and where we can. But this policy is only valid in the Washington, DC area.
I must live within 50 miles of where the person lives who broke down to be covered under my plan. I just checked, and Ryan you live 51.4 miles from me. I have to apologize but either move closer or sign up with AAA :duck:

·
Radio Active Member
27,687 Posts
I must live within 50 miles of where the person lives who broke down to be covered under my plan. I just checked, and Ryan you live 51.4 miles from me. I have to apologize but either move closer or sign up with AAA :duck:
Did you straight line plot it or do it by roads? If so what roads did you use? I might be able to find a couple of shortcuts to make up for the 1.4 miles. :D

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Did you straight line plot it or do it by roads? If so what roads did you use? I might be able to find a couple of shortcuts to make up for the 1.4 miles. :D
It is by roads. I tried 5 different routes. Sorry...looks like you are screwed :eek:

I just checked with my "exception" department, and they suggest I do a group buy of sympathy for you. Very sorry.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
It is by roads. I tried 5 different routes. Sorry...looks like you are screwed :eek:

I just checked with my "exception" department, and they suggest I do a group buy of sympathy for you. Very sorry.
:a20::a20:

·
Radio Active Member
27,687 Posts

I am getting ready to go to bed now, but I will check it out tomorrow. Are we doing this from your home location or the location that the trailer is stored at? And who headed up that group buy? :edit::edit:

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I am getting ready to go to bed now, but I will check it out tomorrow. Are we doing this from your home location or the location that the trailer is stored at? And who headed up that group buy? :edit::edit:
The trailer makes it 53 miles :a20: As far as who is heading up the group buy, I have no comment.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
State Farm Insurance

They reimburse you for towing. However, I bought a used 4 X 6' trailer and had to modified to tow my bike. Total cost was only $300.00.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I don't think I have seen a thread on this, but in case you didn't know, AAA now has motorcycle coverage. If you have a Plus or Premier Membership the bike will be covered for up to 4 service calls for $35 per year. This includes jump start, fuel and or "TOWING" for up to 100 miles from break down point. I priced one guy that does bike towing and he wants $60 for 20 miles then so much per mile after that. For those of us that want the security of knowing you won't have to leave the beast or push it, this is an awsome deal. Check out AAA.COM for all the details

Enjoy the ride:bigthumbsup:
Your MC insurance should cover it well i know progressive does.

·
Registered
299 Posts
AA for the bike.

Here in South Oz,my AA covers ALL my registered vehicles,cars and bikes both.Pretty good for a yearly subscription of AU$160.00.This gives me coverage of 50K's in the metro area,and a 200K radius from any major town or city whilst traveling.Pretty good eh?Also covered by the vehicle insurance policies,so it damn good coverage all round. KEZZ.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts