M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a warning i dont know how true it is but i was told by someone that they knew someone who pulled their 02 sensor out and wraped tape around it and stuck it under the seat that it stuffed their bike up that much they had to get it chipped why havnt there been any problems with the 109s when they did it once again its only a something i heard i also was told that the bike was serviced by my dealer so that could have been the problem too i dont think these guys now anything about these bikes because i went and brought some new plugs and they gave me two i said iam sure theres two in each cylinder so the spare parts guy went and asked the mechanic that worked on my bike and he told them there was only one in each cylinder:eek: so i told the guy to give me four anyway

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gav .. are you in SA? ... who is your dealer? I hope I dont have the same one ... its in Hamptead gdns

I taped up my sensor to begin with, and as soon as I got up to around 100kph she started coughing and spluttering and finally cut out all together... then I finally tracked down an eliminator.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Gav .. are you in SA? ... who is your dealer? I hope I dont have the same one ... its in Hamptead gdns

I taped up my sensor to begin with, and as soon as I got up to around 100kph she started coughing and spluttering and finally cut out all together... then I finally tracked down an eliminator.
no mines murray bridge for anyone wanting the elminator plug here in oz its a honda cbr1000rr one

·
Registered
4 Posts
So have either of you guys changed your pipes? that have no sensor bung. So have you kept your sensor's plugged in and tucked them away?
I have been checking/searching for a plug in or bypass to eliminate the sensor with my new pipes. What have you ended up doing with you your sensor plug?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Before I got the C109 I owned a C90.
I fitted V&H Sraight Shots. To do this I had to wrap the sensor and tuck it under the seat....but.....I also had to cut the appropriate wire to the comp so that the system wouldnt know the sensor was not connected.
I also fitted thr G-Man Commander. Ran well, had a few more pops and farts but all in all it went well. http://gmanindustries.com/
Good luck.

·
Registered
547 Posts
just a warning i dont know how true it is but i was told by someone that they knew someone who pulled their 02 sensor out and wraped tape around it and stuck it under the seat that it stuffed their bike up that much they had to get it chipped why havnt there been any problems with the 109s when they did it once again its only a something i heard i also was told that the bike was serviced by my dealer so that could have been the problem too i dont think these guys now anything about these bikes because i went and brought some new plugs and they gave me two i said iam sure theres two in each cylinder so the spare parts guy went and asked the mechanic that worked on my bike and he told them there was only one in each cylinder:eek: so i told the guy to give me four anyway
Whaattt? That is one hell of a run on sentence but yes I think I would find a new mechanic.

G

·
If they used their Aussi punctuation marks, we'd have as much trouble reading it, as we do understanding their speach.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Cracker Mate!!!! :p

·
Registered
72 Posts
Back to the original question of 02 sensors. The m90 has a 4 wire heated 02 sensor whereas the 109 has a 2 wire unheated 02 sensor. If they take theres' out it doesn't get hot. This is why they can remove one connection from the ECU not get an FI light and the bike runs tickerty-boo/

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Back to the original question of 02 sensors. The m90 has a 4 wire heated 02 sensor whereas the 109 has a 2 wire unheated 02 sensor. If they take theres' out it doesn't get hot. This is why they can remove one connection from the ECU not get an FI light and the bike runs tickerty-boo/
i dont think this is right if you look at the parts fisch they list that the 02 sensor is the same on both bikes

·
Registered
72 Posts
Gav,
The 2006 model 109 had a 4 wire heated 02 sensor(the same as ours) after that they went to the two wire non heated 02's. Just checked on mates 109 and it is a 2 wire set-up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.