M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled this off CNN.com just now.. Seeing WAY too many people have this happen, for gods sake be careful out there!

BOCA RATON, Florida (AP) -- A teen engineering prodigy who gained national attention in 2002 when he and his family received identification chip implants on live television was killed in a motorcycle accident, authorities said.

Derek Jacobs, 18, lost control of his motorcycle early Saturday and crashed into a guardrail and a pole, the Palm Beach County sheriff's office said. He was wearing a helmet.

"It was just a crazy accident of a bump or something, and he was catapulted," said his mother, Leslie Jacobs. "He had, of course, potential, because he was brilliant, and he was just a wonderful son. He wanted to make a difference in the world."

Derek was set to get his engineering degree this year after only two years at Florida International University. He wanted to be a neurosurgeon, his mother said.

At age 12, Derek became certified by Microsoft as a systems engineer. He was qualified to run corporate computer networks.

Two years later, he and his family had identity chips implanted on live television. They were the first family to get VeriChip IDs, made by Applied Digital Solutions.

Derek pushed his parents to look into the chips as a way to help store medical information for his father, who suffered a host of health problems, including cancer.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
DaltonH said:
Two years later, he and his family had identity chips implanted on live television. They were the first family to get VeriChip IDs, made by Applied Digital Solutions.
It's a tragic story and I hate to hear of anybody losing their life. Now, as for the microchip thing... that's just too mark-of-the-beast for me. I'm no bible thumper by any means, but this is dang near identical to what was predicted in Revelations. I can see the benefit of the medical history and such, but I can also see the potential for abuse by power-figures like the government. That being said, I do not want this thread turning into a religious or political debate, so I will not respond to any comments designed to make it one. I just cringe at the thought of implanted chips, barcodes, etc.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Medic1210 said:
It's a tragic story and I hate to hear of anybody losing their life. Now, as for the microchip thing... that's just too mark-of-the-beast for me. I'm no bible thumper by any means, but this is dang near identical to what was predicted in Revelations. I can see the benefit of the medical history and such, but I can also see the potential for abuse by power-figures like the government. That being said, I do not want this thread turning into a religious or political debate, so I will not respond to any comments designed to make it one. I just cringe at the thought of implanted chips, barcodes, etc.
I have to agree with you on all points.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Medic1210 said:
It's a tragic story and I hate to hear of anybody losing their life. Now, as for the microchip thing... that's just too mark-of-the-beast for me. I'm no bible thumper by any means, but this is dang near identical to what was predicted in Revelations. I can see the benefit of the medical history and such, but I can also see the potential for abuse by power-figures like the government. That being said, I do not want this thread turning into a religious or political debate, so I will not respond to any comments designed to make it one. I just cringe at the thought of implanted chips, barcodes, etc.
+ 1

·
Registered
142 Posts
Medic and Veezer +3. That Mark-of-the-Beast stuff gives me the willies :eek:
Hope I am long gone from this planet when the SHTF.

mania

G

·
amen to all comments above. Same goes for bar code tats. Your life details tatooed onto your skin......my grandfather had some of these similar marks from a jap pow camp in ww2. IT was used to indentify the prisoners for thier position in line for execution.
He was 2 days from the sword when he was liberated. His best mate wasnt so lucky..
Why the hell get a scannable bar code tat or a chip????????????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts