M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to apologize here for posting the thread 'First time in the 4 months i hit 120 MPH' The intentions wasn't to brag about how fast I took the bike to but merely to indicate the joy that the bike brought to me.

As I have seen on you-tube fellow 9ers rode the 9s up to 145 MPH I thought at the speed I did was nothing compared to them. Never ever did I wish to offend anyone with it. And what I did was on an open Highway with no traffics in front of me at that time. I wouldn't be doing so if it is at risks to others but myself.

I thought that in order to be buying such a lean mean machine the pure pleasure of taking it to a considerable 'fun' speed will be in most of us riding the 9s but I guess I might be wrong. Once again I am saying sorry to all those that I have offended.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I forgive you. I had mine up to 135 last week :D It's fun to go fast on a 9 because it's so stable

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
NO need to apologies your are not the only one on the internet that hasn't done it i hit 130 today and i wont say i am sorry either.Ride safe ride smart stay alive!!!:hot:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Fastest I've had my 9 is up to 100mph just to see how stable it would be. Typically, i dont take it past 70mph. I've been fast on sportbikes for many years, so I dont really have a "need" to see how the 9 handles at those speeds.

·
Registered
595 Posts
You really should be careful in traffic so as not to put others at risk but on deserted back country roads my bike occasionally achieves "Ludicrous Speed"

If I didn't want to go Plaid...I would've bought a Vespa!! :evil:

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Don't think you offended anyone.
Find me one 109 owner that says they havn't gone way past the speed limit more than a dozen times, and I will show you someone who is fibbing. :D
The bike is just way too fun.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Don't apologize.

If you did not endanger anyone else and lived to tell about it, then F anyone who takes issue with it.

I have been running with a couple of sport bikes recently and 130-140 is common with cruising speeds around 110.

Why buy a bike that can do it, if you are not even going to play with the upper end?

·
Registered
209 Posts
F#*K man

How many of us make 220kph? in any moment in your Fu#* life "EVERYBODY"
o more easy, go over the speed limited in at 90 or 100 and you go a 140 160kph easy "Everybody"
ride safe and alert is the most important **** in a open road a that speed, you can kill yourself at 20 kph if is your time to die.
APOLOGIES is for wet pussy cat.

·
Registered
427 Posts
As has been said before, a day without 100mph is like a day without sunshine!

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Someone must have cried foul for u to feel the need to apologize but as u see 99% of us have no problem with tripple digits on long sexy stretches of low traffic roads. I found out my jsd4 quit working when the damn limiter hit in 5th @ about 138 on speed-o

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wet Pussy Cats.

How many of us make 220kph? in any moment in your Fu#* life "EVERYBODY"
o more easy, go over the speed limited in at 90 or 100 and you go a 140 160kph easy "Everybody"
ride safe and alert is the most important **** in a open road a that speed, you can kill yourself at 20 kph if is your time to die.
APOLOGIES is for wet pussy cat.
Meow! Meow!:p:joke:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
There was a feeling I would get on my last HD when I broke the 100mph mark.

To get that same feeling on the 9, it takes about 135-140.

100 just comes up way to quick to feel like any kind of accomplishment.:dontknow:

·
Registered
163 Posts
:agree: I had a HD I had to push down hill to get it to GET to a 100. That's why I bought my 9. I just keep losing my magnetic bags at CERTAIN speeds....:drool:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
no need for this sir! :D go as fast as you like man tell us about it becasue we all have the same feeling when we twist into the 9; that is why we bought it. if we wanted to go slow we would be on a H-D forum.....:doorag:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts