M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a few shots of todays run to Llano for some very yummy BBQ!

The first stop of the ride, in the background you can see Snake's Dads really sweet SVT Lightning F150
Those in the image from Left to Right are Midnight Hour, Foreground is Snakes dad Steve, background behind Steve is Michelle (Steve and Michelle were in the "safety vehicle"), Snake's friend Brian (Michelle's hubby) and Snake himself.

This is the little church where we stopped.. Did I say little? I meant TINY!

Everyone checkin out Midnights 9.. Really loud pipes, first time I'd heard these cobras.. way too loud.

Snake's Dad Steve explaining to Midnight why he don't want to challenge the SVT 8)

Brian and Michelle next to Steve's VTX which Brian was riding today. Brian is an NCO in the Army and will be departing for Iraq on Monday, please remember to keep him and Michelle in your prayers.

Brian at IHOP, popular place, the line was out the door and around the building.. We were the 30'th group on the list.. We left, figured we could be to LLano before we got a table here.

Snake playing with his PDA phone next to his V-Rod. Think he was trying to find out where everyone else was at.

Scenic overlook parking lot, nice collection of hardware there don't ya think.

Forget about this picture.. did you see how that darn tree jumped into my way... freakin Ham! I swear it was a Texas Jumpin' Juniper!

And this would be the "Scene" that the "Scenic Overlook" overlooks.... yep.. cactus and mesquite.. must be Texas.

We couldn't find a nice big thermometer to prove it, but it was probably in the upper 70's for most of the ride.. Weather Buddy on my desktop is showing the temp at 77 degrees currently. Certainly were a LOT of bugs.. I'll be using a great deal of bug remover on my bike tomorrow morning!

Wish all you chilly peeps could be here to ride with us, really was a great time.. Snake will be adding his pics shortly!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hwy9Rider said:
wow its been about 87 to 91 degrees all last week out here near san francisco CA....san jose
WHAT?!!!! I just came home from Fremont on the 21st and had been there for a freakin MONTH freezin my butt off and it gets hot AFTER I leave? Now I know that area just don't like me!

·
Registered
382 Posts
:mad: :mad: :2excited: LOOKS LIKE A GOOD TIME !! YOU R VERY FORTUNATE , CANT RIDE HERE TEMP. IN THE 40'S WINDS IN THE 50'S !! BUT DID PUT ON NEW MIRRORS ON 2 DAY

YOU ALREADY KNOW " SILVER " IS FASTER !! :p :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :hot: :2excited:

·
Registered
371 Posts
try to be nice to the people in the snow cause if they were not there they would be here in this weather and then we would have nothing to talk about

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Dalton, please tell me you ran that V-Rod... :D

Pics look good!
Be sure to bring your camera when you come up this way!!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JUtah said:
Dalton, please tell me you ran that V-Rod... :D

Pics look good!
Be sure to bring your camera when you come up this way!!
Nope, I was riding behind Brian, who just lost his brother in a m/c accident 2 days ago :( So he was a bit timid and I wasn't about to push him beyond what he was willing to do. I did let Snake taunt me into a few wheel spinning gear changes however.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I WISH I WAS THEIR!!!!!!! Wisconsin :edit: :( I like the v-rod looks nice!

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
DaltonH said:
Here's a few shots of todays run to Llano for some very yummy BBQ!

The first stop of the ride, in the background you can see Snake's Dads really sweet SVT Lightning F150
Those in the image from Left to Right are Midnight Hour, Foreground is Snakes dad Steve, background behind Steve is Michelle (Steve and Michelle were in the "safety vehicle"), Snake's friend Brian (Michelle's hubby) and Snake himself.

This is the little church where we stopped.. Did I say little? I meant TINY!

Everyone checkin out Midnights 9.. Really loud pipes, first time I'd heard these cobras.. way too loud.

Snake's Dad Steve explaining to Midnight why he don't want to challenge the SVT 8)

Brian and Michelle next to Steve's VTX which Brian was riding today. Brian is an NCO in the Army and will be departing for Iraq on Monday, please remember to keep him and Michelle in your prayers.

Brian at IHOP, popular place, the line was out the door and around the building.. We were the 30'th group on the list.. We left, figured we could be to LLano before we got a table here.

Snake playing with his PDA phone next to his V-Rod. Think he was trying to find out where everyone else was at.

Scenic overlook parking lot, nice collection of hardware there don't ya think.

Forget about this picture.. did you see how that darn tree jumped into my way... freakin Ham! I swear it was a Texas Jumpin' Juniper!

And this would be the "Scene" that the "Scenic Overlook" overlooks.... yep.. cactus and mesquite.. must be Texas.

We couldn't find a nice big thermometer to prove it, but it was probably in the upper 70's for most of the ride.. Weather Buddy on my desktop is showing the temp at 77 degrees currently. Certainly were a LOT of bugs.. I'll be using a great deal of bug remover on my bike tomorrow morning!

Wish all you chilly peeps could be here to ride with us, really was a great time.. Snake will be adding his pics shortly!
you forgot to mention if you had looked to the left of the tiny little church there were a couple of porta potties out there on the prairie! good place for a pit stop and a prayer! I did run snake's V-rod just as we were leaving the last redlight on the way out of town from Coopers. looks like an even match for one Screaming eagle V-rod that cost $28,000 and one nearly stock 109, just have the JSD and uncorked mufflers. To me thats not much go for that kind of dough. It is a good looking bike and handles good. the 240 rear tire on it looks small next to a 109's but I found out later it's mounted on a skinnier rim.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts