M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The second season on my C109R is coming closer. It is only one thing with the bike I am not satisfied with. I would like to get rid of some of the wind against the chest when riding on highways.
Can you advice a small windscreen that works for this purpose on the C? Just a small windscreen that takes away some of the pressure against the chest and let the helmet still be in the wind. And it should not create any buffeting around the helmet. My length is 5'7.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Victor is probably pointing you in the right direction, for most people the Suzuki windshield offered like on the C109RT is gonna be huge or eye-level at the top and looks like the side of a barn when viewed from the front.

I am usually looking for larger windshields instead of smaller so I can't be of any direct help on which windshield would match up best at your height

·
Registered
69 Posts
Victor is probably pointing you in the right direction, ...
Thanks Jack,

Like Speedyswede I'm looking for a windshield too. But I'm always looking for a maximum height.
To install my Tsukayu faring i got Memphis brackets. Memphis have Fats windshield which will fit C and as far as I understand I can choose height order to.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have looked at Memphis shades "Pop-Top" shield in their Sportshield range. It measures 18" widht and 16" height above headlight. And it has a cutout for the 9" headlight. Has anyone tried this on the C?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have one

Speedy, I have a Memphis Shades Alley Cat in Solar Tint. Traded up to a large shield for longer rides and find I never switch back. The Bike is so massive it looks very small and doesn't stand out even though it is large enough to block the wind for you. It is in perfect condition. If interested PM me. Also have the mounting plates for Trigger Lock (no tools) attachment.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have looked at Memphis shades "Pop-Top" shield in their Sportshield range. It measures 18" widht and 16" height above headlight. And it has a cutout for the 9" headlight. Has anyone tried this on the C?
I just got a windshield similar to this one but haven't been able to take it out yet because of the weather. It does look pretty small and not too intrusive on the bike.

·
Registered
48 Posts
windshield

I have an 08 C. I purchased the the National Cycle 2-up windshield, I am 6'2". I was getting buffeting bigtime, I have since switched to the low windshield (forgot the model name) and I find it to be much nicer to ride with. I get more "clean" air without the buffeting.

The 2-up IS for sale, interest pm me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the stock windshield for the c109 and experience the buffeting as well. Guess I need to look into a shorter shield or one of those memphis shade fairings with a shorter shield.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I have the small Sportech windshield.
Had it on my c90 and c109. I took the big windshield off right away, i hate it.
The sportech can be pulled off with no tools, the mounts are full chrome and you don't really notice them when the windshield is off.

I have had it up to 225km/h with this shield, takes the wid off the chest.

When it is clean, you barely notice its on...therefore doesn't change the look too much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts