M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, I got a second bike for the garage!! I've always loved the 08 orange 9's, so I got one today. It's not mine, unfortunately. Mark (20Smoke) dropped his off today so I could repolish his wheels and change his rear tire. I'll try to remember to take before and after pics of everything I do.

-Josh

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
And what kind of friend would forget the hub?!?!

Not me.....

You can tell by the time stamps on the pics about how long this all took. The hub took the longest because I didn't get to do it the last time, when I first did the wheels for my polishing video.

-Josh

Attachments

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You don't owe me anything. It's been bothering the hell outta me to see that hub looking so out of place. It was my pleasure. I'll get to the front rim in the next day or so.

-Josh

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, you polished all that in one day? I'm impressed Josh, and it looks great! :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:
Thanks. The wheels were already polished. I just cleaned them up. It took like 15-20 minutes per side. The hub took just about an hour. I used paint stripper and loosened most of the paint so it would pretty much fall off. I just burned through whatever was left with my polisher.

-Josh

·
Registered
29 Posts
Damn. I should just send you my wheels and let you clean them up! Ha! Tried polishing them myself...eh, not bad, but certainly not as nice looking as your handy-work! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nice work. amazing what a little bit of time on the rear hub will do to produce some totally different looking results. :bigthumbsup:
My wife, who could care less about half the stuff I do on my bike, and others as well, said she coouldn't believe the difference of the before and after on the hub. I'm my own worst critic. I see the flaws and little scratches that most people don't, but I appreciate all your comments.
All we have left are DynaBeads, Fuel Filter and spark plugs, and Mark's up and riding again.

roxburry, you ship 'em, I"ll shine 'em!!

-Josh

1 - 17 of 17 Posts