M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an A&R HID kit with digital ballast about a month or so ago. And last week I had a ground wire burn out coming from the stock headlight plug and going towards the ballast. I took the kit out and sent it in to A&R and Rob called me this evening and told what he found. He said that it was possiblyt a voltage spike caused by my rectifier or stator. But he said no problem I went ahead and packaged everything up and will mail out your new kit tomorrow.

Talk about customer service, my bike possibly was the cause of the wire burning (not sure) but he went ahead and did a free replacement. I will always give my business to companies that value their customers as much as Rob does. If you are in the market for an HID kit send your business to A&R.

Thanks Rob :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Good to hear. I bought my hid kit from there about 6 months ago. Haven't had a single problem with mine but good to know they take care of you if you do :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
259 Posts
they hvae some pretty cheap prices; lowering bones only 69.99

·
Registered
927 Posts
I bought an A&R HID kit with digital ballast about a month or so ago. And last week I had a ground wire burn out coming from the stock headlight plug and going towards the ballast. I took the kit out and sent it in to A&R and Rob called me this evening and told what he found. He said that it was possiblyt a voltage spike caused by my rectifier or stator. But he said no problem I went ahead and packaged everything up and will mail out your new kit tomorrow.

Talk about customer service, my bike possibly was the cause of the wire burning (not sure) but he went ahead and did a free replacement. I will always give my business to companies that value their customers as much as Rob does. If you are in the market for an HID kit send your business to A&R.

Thanks Rob :bigthumbsup:
Thats how a shop should be run....I would be willing to bet good money that he can do that because they will get what ever they lose on that light in your return shopping and sales from the folks that read your post here today...a pissed off customer will cost you a whole lot more than a happy one...its studied and proven fact.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats how a shop should be run....I would be willing to bet good money that he can do that because they will get what ever they lose on that light in your return shopping and sales from the folks that read your post here today...a pissed off customer will cost you a whole lot more than a happy one...its studied and proven fact.
That was my intention by posting this. I hope the new guys that need a safer lights give him their business. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
I'm glad they are taking care of you, but I doubt that was the problem. A voltage spike high enough to burn off the ground wire would have probably fried your ECU and who knows what else. Plus when voltage goes up the amp draw goes down, and heavy amp draw is what burns wires. I'd guess the wire wasn't connected properly or was way undersize.

JMHO, which really doesn't matter since they are replacing it. :D

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
I'm glad they are taking care of you, but I doubt that was the problem. A voltage spike high enough to burn off the ground wire would have probably fried your ECU and who knows what else. Plus when voltage goes up the amp draw goes down, and heavy amp draw is what burns wires. I'd guess the wire wasn't connected properly or was way undersize.

JMHO, which really doesn't matter since they are replacing it. :D
I though you were a kitchen cabinet guy (AWC)? You moonlighting for Radio Shack these days? :joke:

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
That is one of the reasons that I went with Rob at A&R on the HID group buys. He wants to make sure that his customers are satisfied. His info is listed in the Bang for the Bucks mod thread below in my signature. Glad to here that you are happy JD.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
I though you were a kitchen cabinet guy (AWC)? You moonlighting for Radio Shack these days? :joke:
We sell range hood blowers too, remember? :D

And I have changed a light bulb before. Without directions. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts