M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I would like to say Hi to everyone! I currently ride a GSX-R 750 which i absoulty love. However after seeing and hearing the M109R i fell in love. I just had a few questions about the bike that I was unable to really get anwsers on by searching this forum. I am concered about the handling on the 109R. How well does it turn and do you guys find that you are dragging the pegs or hard parts frequently? Also did any of you come from riding sport bikes and then buying the M109R? I appreciate the help I really want to buy a 109R but dont know if i can afford my gixxer and the M109R.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Geez i'd say almost half of us came from sportbikes. I came from a hayabusa personally, i carved twisties w/ her as im not a huge straight line guy. It handles great, i drag pegs once per ride usually but don't drag anything harder. Its not at all what your gsxr is obviously so if your looking for that kind of handling, i'd search elsewhere.

However, if you want a comfortable, fast, beautiful and superbly handling cruiser you should get up and buy one, like YESTERDAY!

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I came from many sport bikes, 1000CBR, GSXR750, 1100 (several) and now an R1. I am actually amazed how well the bike handles. I am still trying to get use to pulling out of tight slow corners due to the weight and size. I take several huge cloverleaf’s to and from work and I can say I am not any slower going through the turns. It is a little scary the first time you go to lean all that weight over, but once you trust it you realize it will go and hold its own.

I enjoy the ride and for the first time don't care if it is windy as hell. No more getting thrown around!! Make the change, you will not look back. Promise.

·
Registered
181 Posts
750Rider said:
First of all I would like to say Hi to everyone! I currently ride a GSX-R 750 which i absolutely love. However after seeing and hearing the M109R i fell in love. I just had a few questions about the bike that I was unable to really get answers on by searching this forum. I am concerned about the handling on the 109R. How well does it turn and do you guys find that you are dragging the pegs or hard parts frequently? Also did any of you come from riding sport bikes and then buying the M109R? I appreciate the help I really want to buy a 109R but don't know if i can afford my gixxer and the M109R.
Hi, and welcome to the site.

All I've ridden in the past are sportbikes, and I currently own a Honda CBR 1000 RR. While it's no sportbike when it comes to handling, IMO the M109R handles quite well through the corners. I did scrape the right peg while going through a long right sweeper, but haven't scraped anything else while cornering.

If you do end up with a 109, I don't think you'll be sorry!

·
Registered
898 Posts
some of my past bikes were Zephyr 750, ZRX1100, ZZR1200, ZRX1200R, I have always been a sportbike person...  My opinion is if you are coming off a sport bike theres only a few bikes to sooth that side of you taste... yam warr...suz 109...kaw mean streak....umm Hardly Vrod... and we know which is the fastest and which has a 240 and looks bad azz... So you decide..

khrome

·
Registered
441 Posts
you would be amazed how well this bike handels . even in slow tight turns the back does not get loose on you . you always feel like you are in contole . I came off a TL1000R and never upset that i made the change . you will love this bike. :eek:

G

·
Yep agree totally,,I'm a retired sports biker.... :D and was alittle reluctant as alot(other bikers) on another forum,,said theres no way that big tires gonna handle in a turn....it does and very well I might add...I have own 3 crusiers in the last 3 years,,,o3 vtx1800,04 marauder 1600 and this handles just as well as the skinner little tire marauder,and alot better (IMO) then the ol trusty vtx1800....like it has been said ,,you really shouldn't be disappointed ....trust us :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
i too came off a hayabusa and love the twisties....i scrape my pegs and sometimes my feet when cornering...but then i just come too realize that im not on a rice burner anymore....granted i love my m109r and wouldnt go back too my busa....i just purchased some foot boards so i imagine the scraping will continue lol.............ohhh but anyways im 6'2 and 350 lbs could contribute too y i scrape my size 13 ft lol............LOVE MY M109R

·
Registered
140 Posts
always a sport bike rider. I never wanted a cruiser until I saw the 109. It's a cruiser that a does a whole lot more than just cruz. buy one you won't regret it.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Another retired sport biker... No scraped pegs (Yet), but I have scraped the boot heels on my size 11's doing slow sharp turns LOL :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I came off a ZX12R and a R1 before that and I don't miss them at all, you can ride the 109 just as hard and IMO the twisties are more fun on the 109. Your ride will be more relaxed and when you do go fast you can feel the speed, how many times have you slowed down from 160 to 90 mph on your GSXR and felt like you weren't moving, if your anywhere near MD. you can test ride mine before you buy. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rangemaster84 said:
I came off a ZX12R and a R1 before that and I don't miss them at all, you can ride the 109 just as hard and IMO the twisties are more fun on the 109. Your ride will be more relaxed and when you do go fast you can feel the speed, how many times have you slowed down from 160 to 90 mph on your GSXR and felt like you weren't moving, if your anywhere near MD. you can test ride mine before you buy.  :bigthumbsup:
Wow I really appreciate the offer to test ride your beautiful bike but I am in Chicago so I cant take atvantage of your nice offer, but thank you very much! I am really leaning tward the 109 now. I just dont know if i can part with my GSX-R. I am about to turn 21 and most of my buddies still ride rockets so i dont know how riding with all of them will be, especially since I am one of the better more aggressive riders.

·
Registered
211 Posts
17 years riding sport bikes. This is my first cruiser and I most say it was like learning how to ride again. The balance and dynamics are quite different but I love it. I just turn 40 this week, that may have something to do with it too.... :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have another question! crusing down the highway on my bike at 100MPH is nothing for my bike, how will the M109R feel at that speed?

·
Registered
752 Posts
It won't feel like your bike.

It will wind blast you like crazy.

I can tell you that you will get more chicks with the 109. Your buddies will be faster but you will be busier.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
750Rider said:
I have another question! crusing down the highway on my bike at 100MPH is nothing for my bike, how will the M109R feel at that speed?
I can answer that one. :evil: I did 400+ miles Saturday and most of that was around 90 to 100 and the bike loves it there and the mirrors work good at that speed too. ;) :cop:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey
the only bad feeling is the 100mph wind.with no windsheild you need a full face helmet or face sheild,other than that the harder you run it the better the bike likes it,smooth and still has lots to go.-------------later

·
Registered
849 Posts
I've been so impressed with the stability of the mirrors that I can only believe they did a fantastic job of isolarting the bars.
I'm normally running 90 to 100 plus on the E-ways to find safer pockets to ride in and the mirrors make lane changing and keeping an eye behind me much easier.
The bike corners a lot better for me after the JSD mod as it pulls a lot cleaner on the way out of the corner. It's not a sport bike though .
Jer

Lamonster said:
I can answer that one. :evil: I did 400+ miles Saturday and most of that was around 90 to 100 and the bike loves it there and the mirrors work good at that speed too. ;) :cop:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts