M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here is the dilemna. I had two spike air cleaners here for my M109. A month ago a guy came in and begged me to let him buy one. I did. Now the manufacturer is having issues with their chromer. So what do I bring to Daytona?

I vote for the spike on the right and the BIGAAIR on the left. Will anyone really notice?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Great way to market more products Hal........ :bigthumbsup: two on one bike! Seriously , go for it......

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Hi Hal,
If you are wanting to 'max your horses', K&N say that long/narrow filters don't 'flow' like low flat ones. They say that where space permits " the height of the filter should be between 1/5 and 1/4 of it's diameter!
I'd go with the 'Big Air' since you have done all that work for the 'ponies'!
BTW>>>Did you get my email?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Compared to your Big Air, that thing is gonna choke your bike. I don't see how those things can breathe any better than the stock air boxes. My vote goes for Big Air on both sides. That spike one sure looks sweet, but I think function should win over form. Just my $.02. Keep the change.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Big Air.

I can hear it already.
"yeah, I had those spike filters on, and we gained about 7hp by changing to the ones you see here (the big air). I can put spikes anywhere on the bike for more "show" appeal, but the intake is part of the "go" appeal.

You can sell that other spike one. :doorag:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I like the spike and don't give a rats azz about gaining more HP, seeing as how the bike is fast enough for my blood.

I'll be checking DLP for prices.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am a spike maniac so a pair of those is a must. Those are the stuff. I have been waiting for them to come out for the 109. That will complete my Silver Spiked Speed Monster.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Put a set of Hyper Chargers on it. If that don't turn heads,don't know what will? :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
132 Posts
HAL,
The guys are right. The Big Air looks great. :bigthumbsup: The spikes went out when they had no more need for the whip. ::)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.