M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it is OK to hang my helmet on the handle bar (the throttle side). That little hook on the side is kinda cumbersome. I have never seen anyone with their helmet hanging on the handle bar, was wondering if there was some reason.

Thanks,
Breaker

·
Registered
190 Posts
That's exactly where I hang mine, and have for years. Has never caused me a problem with the occassion of the helmet falling off and getting scratched :swear:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I sometimes (With a full face lid) place it over my right mirror carefully so I wont have to re-position it.

I find that if Im going inside an establishment for a while or at a non biker place (Parking lot & unattended fro a while/shopping center...) I will lock my half lid to my 109 with no problems (MY full face will not fit).

Usually biker places respect each others rides & gear. :doorag:

·
Registered
752 Posts
That hook or helmet lock is just to keep someone from grabbing it and running.

If I can see the bike I use the mirror. If I can't, like going to the movies, I lock it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I hang mine over the left footpeg/gearchange if not moving too far away from the bike.
Less distance for it to fall if someone knocks it by accident

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just pop down the left side passenger peg and hang the helmet. Carry a small chain and lock sometime if I think it will be left too long to be hanging free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts