M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Junkyard Dog from this board stopped by our Sunrise warehouse today. He has one of those black M109's that are popping up everywhere. We chatted about a lot of stuff. His bike looks good.

So I decided that we needed another opinion on windshields and I gave him the Shooter off of my bike to do a little testing.

He promised to post after he gets a few miles on the setup.

He bought the M109 as he is selling his Rune.

·
Registered
109 Posts
JYD here, quickly installed w/s and rode back to my warehouse because the sky looked like it was going to let lose. made it back to warehouse and it never rained. i took the time to adjust all the brackets and mounts to square up everything. fits great!!!!!!! when you are riding down the rode the w/s is low enough that you hardly realize it's there. i'm 6 foot 1 and i wear a 1/2 helmet that at speed tries to pull my head off. whether cleared up and took it out. the faster i went the less i felt on the helmet. the w/s is more of a deflecter than a w/s. it's not something your going to put on to look through but to take the wind off your chest and head. to me a big w/s on this bike would take away from the look but the shooter only adds to it. thanks hal great improvement. i'll get the gang together for hooters wed if whether is nice. JUNK YARD DOG

·
Registered
109 Posts
JYD again, i forgot to mention that i also lowered the back of the bike 2 and 1/2 inches which also lets you set lower in the back which with this w/s helps to put the wind over your head when your going faster. JYD

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hey JYD. I have that shield from my old VTX I never put it on the X because I wound up buying the 109. I guess I'll throw it on and give it a try. Any tips on install of the lowering bones would be appreciated I too have a set on the way from Jasonz. How's the ride now? Thanks Ray

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool. I want to hear about the bones too. I had some difficulty and gave up. I am trying again this weekend when I have more time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Guys can you post a few decent pictures of the bike with the windshield on it. I've checked out Direct Line parts (cause I want one) but their pictures just don't help.

Morgs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts