M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we get ready to enjoy long holiday weekend, please take a moment and think of those Men and Women both here at home and those that are in harm's way that help make this all possible.

I am not a big flag waving type of guy but I do know that none of what I have and how I get to enjoy riding my 9 would not be possible had not been for them. So when you are firing up a the grill or firing the beast, send one up to the main man for them ask to keep them safe. If you know a former service member or service retiree, please thank them...many will be embarassed but that is ok...it will be appreciated!

For those of us who did serve I'd like to say Thank You and I am proud to have served with you! Take care stay safe and have a Blessed Memorial Day Weekend....ENJOY THE RIDE!!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
As we get ready to enjoy long holiday weekend, please take a moment and think of those Men and Women both here at home and those that are in harm's way that help make this all possible.

I am not a big flag waving type of guy but I do know that none of what I have and how I get to enjoy riding my 9 would not be possible had not been for them. So when you are firing up a the grill or firing the beast, send one up to the main man for them ask to keep them safe. If you know a former service member or service retiree, please thank them...many will be embarassed but that is ok...it will be appreciated!

For those of us who did serve I'd like to say Thank You and I am proud to have served with you! Take care stay safe and have a Blessed Memorial Day Weekend....ENJOY THE RIDE!!! :bigthumbsup:
:agree:

·
Registered
165 Posts
:bigthumbsup: This Memorial Day weekend has special meaning for our family this year. Our youngest graduated from Navy boot camp last friday. I have always been proud of those who served, but it has a really special meaning this year. For all of those who have served or are serving now, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!

·
Registered
735 Posts

Amen, proud to have served with you as well, brother.:agree::bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
Amen bro! Thanks to all of those that have served and our serving. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I understand the point of this thread, but Memorial day is a day to remember the soldiers that have fallen in war. The survivors of war have their own day to be honored, Veterans Day.

I'm not saying this as a slight to current and former soldiers, but as a reminder of what the day was originally intended for.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understand the point of this thread, but Memorial day is a day to remember the soldiers that have fallen in war. The survivors of war have their own day to be honored, Veterans Day.

I'm not saying this as a slight to current and former soldiers, but as a reminder of what the day was originally intended for.
:agree: but we can never thank these guys serving enough. Thanks correcting me...long days little sleep. ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts

I dont think it really matters, whether they have fallen or survived, they gave up or were ready to give up their lives for the rest of us. Plus Memorial day is the only day for remembering servicemen which is a national day across the board for all. Veterans day etc are not National holidays, although honored by the Federal and State governments.

·
Registered
370 Posts
:agree:It is a day to [Thank ALL Soilder's!]...:#1:
It really doesn't matter if their still with us,or have passed on!..
[GOD BLESS ALL!]...:pray::pray:

May they All,[Family,and Friend's] Have a very nice Day,Weekend!.And to [ALL SOILDER'S] that [ARE] with us!.Enjoy your Special day!!.:bigthumbsup:

And to All the SOILDER'S that are fighting for us now,too!!..[GOD BLESS YOU ALL!]...:pray:..Enjoy your Special Day as much as possible...:p
:agree:with Gruntleader..As we fire up our 9's,and grill's!..Say some prayer's to keep our active fighting SOILDER"S SAFE!!.. :bow::pray:...

We must be Thankfull for them making it possible for us to do the thing's we are able to do!!...We have to [THANK EVERY SOILDER,VETERAN] we run into on this day!!..:bigthumbsup:...
:agree:They may feel Embarassed,But will feel very much appreciated!:a18:..Alway's remember! They were there,and willing to give up their live's for us!...{#1}..[2 THUMB'S UP!]

May [GOD BLESS] their FAMILY'S,and FRIEND'S!..

Special prayer's go out to [ALL FAMILY,Wife's,Husband's] with [Children] at home waiting,and worring about their loved one's as well!..:pray:..Stay Strong,and keep the Faith!!..:bigthumbsup:

Take Care,Ride Safe!...:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Gob bless all of my veteran brothers and sisters! God bless those military personnel that are still fighting the fight. I give thanks to those that sacrificed so much, so that my family and I may live free. This weekend I will honor you! God bless you all. God bless America!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I dont think it really matters, whether they have fallen or survived, they gave up or were ready to give up their lives for the rest of us. Plus Memorial day is the only day for remembering servicemen which is a national day across the board for all. Veterans day etc are not National holidays, although honored by the Federal and State governments.
Many people confuse Memorial Day and Veterans Day. Memorial Day is a day for remembering and honoring military personnel who died in the service of their country, particularly those who died in battle or as a result of wounds sustained in battle. While those who died are also remembered on Veterans Day, Veterans Day is the day set aside to thank and honor ALL those who served honorably in the military - in wartime or peacetime. In fact, Veterans Day is largely intended to thank LIVING veterans for their service, to acknowledge that their contributions to our national security are appreciated, and to underscore the fact that all those who served - not only those who died - have sacrificed and done their duty.
http://chosenfast.com/2006/11/11/veterans-day-vs-memorial-day/

I dont believe that every veteran or current soldier was or is ready to make the ultimate sacrifice. Many soldiers didn't enlist or get commissioned to die for their country. My friend is at OCS right now, simply because it'll look good on his resume in the future.

I'm not saying every soldier is like that, but many are. Look at how many people join the military simply because they're "out of options." I sincerely doubt they're ready to make the ultimate sacrifice.

Memorial day is to pay tribute to those who have fallen. I'm sure former and current military would be pleased to receive thanks and recognition for what they've done, but they know what Memorial day is really about. Its about their fallen comrades and to make sure they're remembered.

·
Registered
148 Posts
:agree:It is a day to [Thank ALL Soilder's!]...:#1:
It really doesn't matter if their still with us,or have passed on!..
[GOD BLESS ALL!]...:pray::pray:

May they All,[Family,and Friend's] Have a very nice Day,Weekend!.And to [ALL SOILDER'S] that [ARE] with us!.Enjoy your Special day!!.:bigthumbsup:

And to All the SOILDER'S that are fighting for us now,too!!..[GOD BLESS YOU ALL!]...:pray:..Enjoy your Special Day as much as possible...:p
:agree:with Gruntleader..As we fire up our 9's,and grill's!..Say some prayer's to keep our active fighting SOILDER"S SAFE!!.. :bow::pray:...

We must be Thankfull for them making it possible for us to do the thing's we are able to do!!...We have to [THANK EVERY SOILDER,VETERAN] we run into on this day!!..:bigthumbsup:...
:agree:They may feel Embarassed,But will feel very much appreciated!:a18:..Alway's remember! They were there,and willing to give up their live's for us!...{#1}..[2 THUMB'S UP!]

May [GOD BLESS] their FAMILY'S,and FRIEND'S!..

Special prayer's go out to [ALL FAMILY,Wife's,Husband's] with [Children] at home waiting,and worring about their loved one's as well!..:pray:..Stay Strong,and keep the Faith!!..:bigthumbsup:

Take Care,Ride Safe!...:bigthumbsup:
:bigthumbsup::agree:

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
:agree: The soldiers & their families sacrafice so much for all of us. I have never heard any of them complain about anything, they do it for their country.
I live next to Ft. Hood, Texas. I see all they do for us! That song from John Michael Montgomery, "Letters from home" is so true.
We have a young lady staying with us who is my youngest daughters best friend. Her dad just got back from Iraq, her mom is still there. She is staying here as long as it takes for dad to get a new place. We tried to have her stay with us for the year they were gone, but G.Mom wanted all the kids to be together in KY. We certianly understand that.
God bless the U.S. Soldier & their Family:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
god bless them all past, present and future and thanks to all as well

1 - 16 of 16 Posts