M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine who has an R1 called Saturday and asked if I was up for a "little ride" on Sunday, of coarse I was all for it :bigthumbsup: We ended up getting togather with 5 other guys that he works with before leaveing town, I could already tell this was going to be a fun ride ;)

Well we ended up leaving here and then headed toward the French Lick/West Baden IN area. We had about 30mi of straight highway(out of 270mi we rode) to start the ride, but the closer we got to French Lick the better the roads got :bigthumbsup:. Indiana SR 150, 550, 164 and best of all SR 450 in South Central Indiana are a blast , one of the roads we took also took us around Patoka Lake so there was plenty to look at ;). But the twistys were where the fun was :doorag:

I do have to say that I rode the 109 harder on this ride than I have before and all i can say is I want more :evil: Each time we made a stop (smoke break), the more the other guys would ask questions and look at the 109 , I guess the big beast must have impressed them a bit. However the look on these sportbike guys faces when they saw the front tire of the 109 2 feet or so in the air (multiple times) was "priceless" :p and the talk of the group after I left LOL

I know one thing I keep riding with these guys I'm gonna have to get better gear and a bunch more power ;)

We ended up doing about a 270mi round trip on the ride so it was a fun day all around ................... now that being said I will also add that next time I do a ride in and around a tourist area it won't be on Labor Day weekend :eek:

Do have admit riding with these guys made me miss my sportbike :redfaced: , guess I need an older one sitting next to the 109 :bigthumbsup:

Pics below..................

the gathering

some of the other bikes.............

the two R1s...
an 02

and a 98

a Honda 599

FZ-6

ZX-6

The BUSA!! ................. I will have one of these :bigthumbsup:

and at one of the stops.........

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Nice pictures :bigthumbsup: Thanks for sharing ,Looks like you have a nice group to ride with :bigthumbsup: I miss my Gizzer 1000 also but I know I'm on the right bike now, it just feels right! it's funny how well the 109 blends in with the sports, but then again it is the off-spring of the GSXR,and it shows ;) :D :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
665 Posts
450 is a great strech of road! :bigthumbsup: That's one of my favorite areas to ride in :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts