M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys i know it must have been answered on here somewere but i was needing a lil advice i went down and put a deposit down on a new 2011 model the blue one it will be here the first couple weeks of December.
My Question is i have started buying stuff for it

1. Cobra Swept pipes
2. Kuryakyn Pro Series Hypercharger
3. seat covers
4. Shaynes Side Mount plate holder
5. and some nice shinny Rims
The question is should i get the Power comander III or V or the Cobra FI 2000R.

Any Help would help i didnt have any Mods on my last one so i,am trying to get a jump start on this one.

Again thanks for the advice

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Ok guys i know it must have been answered on here somewere but i was needing a lil advice i went down and put a deposit down on a new 2011 model the blue one it will be here the first couple weeks of December.
My Question is i have started buying stuff for it

1. Cobra Swept pipes
2. Kuryakyn Pro Series Hypercharger
3. seat covers
4. Shaynes Side Mount plate holder
5. and some nice shinny Rims
The question is should i get the Power comander III or V or the Cobra FI 2000R.

Any Help would help i didnt have any Mods on my last one so i,am trying to get a jump start on this one.

Again thanks for the advice
Man that question has been pounded out here a lot. Personal preference I guess. I have the cobra and hardly any problems.....

PS excellent choice of colors, The fastest by a long shot.......

·
Registered
231 Posts
pounded

:agree:I have the cobra swepts and PCIII...as i understood it the PC is more versatile!!! oterwise it's a personal preference..hope this helps.:congrats::congrats:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
If money isn't an issue, the PC V is the best unit out of those choices. It can add fuel, subtract fuel, and make changes on its own (independent of a dyno) when you do mods to your bike.

·
Registered
83 Posts
PC V

For a 2009 or later you should get the PCV if you decide to go with a PowerCommander. If you plan to get your bike dyno'd, I'd suggest spending the same amount on the Autotune accessory instead. You won't have to pay for a dyno tune because it does it while you ride!

Just my two cents....it all ends with personal preference....

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Had a long talk with a tuner the other day who dyno'd my bike just for the HP and TQ numbers. It was a promotional thing.
Anyway, we talked about this issue. Without question he said that if choosing between the two, as a tuner, he would go with the PC-V. However, he wouldn't switch to the PC-V if he already had a PC-III.
You have the ability to utilize the PC-V as a controller for when you push the NOS button (to add fuel) and then go back to a non-NOS tune. Just one of the many features. Plus, I may be wrong but I think he mention something about tuning for each gear. Complicated.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,850 Posts
FI2000R for simplicity and easy of use, and less cost.

PCIII for a little more power if you don't mind paying for a dyno tune whenever you change intake or exhaust mods, and more money up front.

I've not heard too many folks mention the PCV with the auto tune, which is the real benefit it offers. Several folks were buying another version of a tuner with auto tune and didn't have much success with it, but Cobra may do a better job with it.

I've had the FI2000R for about 3 years now and have no issues with it. It works.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My understanding is that if your battery goes dead the PC looses its settings and has to be re-tuned. The FI200R will keep it's settings....

·
Registered
501 Posts
i have the f i 2000 on mine. so far so good,i like the ability to just pop off the seat and change the settings. i agree it is personal preference,i would rather be riding than fooling around tuning my bike.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
My understanding is that if your battery goes dead the PC looses its settings and has to be re-tuned. The FI200R will keep it's settings....
Not true at all. Think about the fact that pc3's are shipped with tunes in them. The pc3 needs power to upload a tune though.
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Zoom;1372638[SIZE=3 said:
][/SIZE]FI2000R for simplicity and easy of use, and less cost.

PCIII for a little more power if you don't mind paying for a dyno tune whenever you change intake or exhaust mods, and more money up front.

I've not heard too many folks mention the PCV with the auto tune, which is the real benefit it offers. Several folks were buying another version of a tuner with auto tune and didn't have much success with it, but Cobra may do a better job with it.

I've had the FI2000R for about 3 years now and have no issues with it. It works.
Tiny71;1372846[SIZE=5 said:
]i have the f i 2000 on mine. so far so good[/SIZE],i like the ability to just pop off the seat and change the settings. i agree it is personal preference,i would rather be riding than fooling around tuning my bike.
Fi2000 for me too , just because i didnt want to Go the Dyno route , I Love the freedom of Changing the settings myself

as for the Pipes , I think the Swepts are sweet , but Cobra's new Pipe is Very Cool Too , Check out Ryansback's pictures :bigthumbsup:

cant wait to See your New Nine :congrats:

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Also, remember, your pc3 is only as good as your tuner. You spend good money to get a crappy tune and you are no better off. I had a pc3 with an ok tune at best. The bike ran good, but was rich on the low end. I switched over to the fi2000 and it runs a lot better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts