M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I are over here in Italy on vacation. We've been two weeks and through many cities so far and have seen 1 (one) V twin!. It was a new HD V rod so chromed out that I don't know how the guy can even ride it on a sunny day. Seen a few sport bikes and a bazillion scooters. The scooter riders are crazy! Scare the hell out of me the way they zip around in traffic like yellow jackets at a picnic. I think maybe they're taxed on horse power because all the cars here are dinky too. And pedestrians definately do not have the right of way! OMG, culture shock!

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
The wife and I are over here in Italy on vacation. We've been two weeks and through many cities so far and have seen 1 (one) V twin!. It was a new HD V rod so chromed out that I don't know how the guy can even ride it on a sunny day. Seen a few sport bikes and a bazillion scooters. The scooter riders are crazy! Scare the hell out of me the way they zip around in traffic like yellow jackets at a picnic. I think maybe they're taxed on horse power because all the cars here are dinky too. And pedestrians definately do not have the right of way! OMG, culture shock!
I think it has alot to do with the high gas prices $$$$$$$

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I lived in Europe for 13 years while serving in the Military, and yes, the small cars are popular due to gas prices, fuel economy, and parking. You would be amazed at the size of European parking places, and how the people are able to fit their cars in places most of us wouldn't think of trying. I have been to Italy, and it is certainly a beautiful place to visit.

I hope you and your wife are enjoying your vacation. :bigthumbsup:

Man, I wish I could be on vacation in Europe right now. :pray:

·
Registered
927 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I was in Italy last year and I saw lots of V-twins, the Ducati monsters! Lots of scooters, they are AWESOME at riding in the inner city like Rome with the zippy little cars.

·
Registered
810 Posts
My wife and I just got back about 4 weeks ago. We stayed for 2 weeks, Rome, Florence, and then the Tuscany country side.

Lots of mopeds, saw some crotch rockets and a couple HDs. We loved it in the Tuscan countryside, they had some great motorcycle riding like the Tail of the Dragon but for miles and miles!

Where have you been in Italy?

Tons of pictures in link below, probably more than anyone would like to see!

http://photobucket.com/williamsitaly2010

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
jump on the euro tunnell and get yourself over to blighty, we can have a few ciders, and talk bikes!!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Wow Greg, i forgot about your trip. Hell, from our trip and this trip, you have not been home much :bigthumbsup:

Glad you are having a blast over yonder

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jump on the euro tunnell and get yourself over to blighty, we can have a few ciders, and talk bikes!!!:bigthumbsup:
Love to, but no permisso :'(, If I had my way we'd be checking out Octoberfest across the border too

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My wife and I just got back about 4 weeks ago. We stayed for 2 weeks, Rome, Florence, and then the Tuscany country side.

Lots of mopeds, saw some crotch rockets and a couple HDs. We loved it in the Tuscan countryside, they had some great motorcycle riding like the Tail of the Dragon but for miles and miles!

Where have you been in Italy?

Tons of pictures in link below, probably more than anyone would like to see!

http://photobucket.com/williamsitaly2010
In Umbria now (next to Tuscany). Just did a week in Cinqua Terra, incredible!

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow Greg, i forgot about your trip. Hell, from our trip and this trip, you have not been home much :bigthumbsup:

Glad you are having a blast over yonder
Haven't been home much is right! hope I still have a business when we get back :D but life is short and we ARE having a blast! Right now I'm on the computer in the middle of the night tracking my SF Giants :pray:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hey buddy!

Good to hear you are having a good time.

Bettina from Baveria (vegas) just e-mailed me and I told her you were in Italy , she said to tell you Hi and stop by for Octoberfest?

Haven't been home much is right! hope I still have a business when we get back :D but life is short and we ARE having a blast! Right now I'm on the computer in the middle of the night tracking my SF Giants :pray:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
Italy is a great place to visit, but the drivers are nuts over there. I've been there on business a few times and will probably be there again early in December. Fortunately, I don't have to do the driving when I'm there. :D

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
Glad to hear that you had a GREAT trip. I have been places where the driving is just like that. Passing on blind corners. Not just mopeds but trucks also. :eek:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Italy is a great place to visit, but the drivers are nuts over there. I've been there on business a few times and will probably be there again early in December. Fortunately, I don't have to do the driving when I'm there. :D
The drivers are nuts over here but I like it. I like driving in Boston too. I guess I just get a charge out of agressive city driving.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts