1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
That's horrible! I hope you stay safe and survive that terrible weather.

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
Keep safe. Mother nature, especially water are not to be messed with. Looks like this guy really has some MAD SKILLS protecting his plane?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Wow...that kinda remind me when the levees broke in New Orleans during hurricane katrina and also in Houston during a tropical depression one year.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keep safe. Mother nature, especially water are not to be messed with. Looks like this guy really has some MAD SKILLS protecting his plane?

Thanks guys we appreciate the support down here.

This photo is typical news con job... Its an old plane on a large support advertising a Car Wreckers/Dismantler... Scary that there should be an entire yard full of cars somewhere under there. My bet is they are nicely heaped into one corner now.

·
Registered
73 Posts
To put things into perspective, one of the news reports had a boffin do some calculations and they found that the areas of Queensland flooded / under water was equivalent to the whole of France or the whole of Germany being under water... :eek::eek::eek:

Further, the amount of water that has been flushed into the ocean from the flooding means that now you can go 10kms off-shore and drink the water!!! Problem with this is the massive environmental damage that is likely to be caused to the Great Barrier Reef.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Sheesh. I hadn't heard about this. Looks a lot like Nashville, TN from last Spring and also Cedar Rapids, IA from a few years ago. Any time we build right on rivers or right at the ocean it's only a matter of time before disaster strikes.

I hope you guys are gonna be ok over there!

·
Registered
766 Posts
keep safe my friends from down under. may god reach and help you all.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Sorry that's all going on down there Rick. Glad to here you guys are safe. Is everyone else who was at Vegas still safe too?

I looked through the pics. This little beggar is kind of cute. What is he?

·
Registered
391 Posts
You know yesterday i was complaining about the 2ft of snow we got here in ct but those pics humbled me and i will never complain about a storm again, Good luck with everything and i hope you and your family stay safe.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
Prayers sent to all you folks down there. It's impossible to comprehend the amount of flooding that is taking place by looking at the pictures but it has to be really really bad.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry that's all going on down there Rick. Glad to here you guys are safe. Is everyone else who was at Vegas still safe too?

I looked through the pics. This little beggar is kind of cute. What is he?
It's a blue tongue lizard. They are quite common as a pet here as they are pretty docile. I'll introduce you to one when you come out here in 2012.

We should have most things cleaned up by then I hope. :joke:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hey Rick, You and your family are in are prayers. Amanda is worried about Nick. PM sent.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts