M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished up work this morning (saturday) at 5:30 and it was admittedly a bit on the brisk side rolling down the superslab on the way home. I had my jacket on so I was mostly fine, I do think its time to start carrying a 2nd set of gloves though & maybe a face bandana. With the sun not up yet and the temp in the mid to upper 50s, the mesh gloves just didn't cut it for comfort for the 25ish miles at 70-80 MPH.

On the positive though, we are heading into a great time of year for some nice weekend rides, not roasting to death after this hot ass summer. Not to mention some wonderful scenery as the leaves will be starting to change in a few weeks :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
i do enjoy my 10 mile drive home from work in the mornings (7am).
but i must agree, i have to invest in better gloves & some type of chin & neck cover.

plus flannel lined jeans. maybe a cabelas ride may be in my future.

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Brrrrr

We've had some brisk mornings the last week,just the other morning i left with mesh gloves and jacket and turned back after about a mile for a gear switch...leather was in order...its coming...Brrrr...but yes some nice riding weather,when the suns out....see some early colour starting in the leaves here in southern ontario....

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
i do enjoy my 10 mile drive home from work in the mornings (7am).
but i must agree, i have to invest in better gloves & some type of chin & neck cover.

plus flannel lined jeans. maybe a cabelas ride may be in my future.
For the chin/neck cover, look to ski gear.

Mine is North Face, but it was reasonably priced.

It is wind and water proof on the front half and reagular breathable fleece on the back half. It has a cinch cord for keeping it up and is cut longer at the back and chest so it goes under your jacket.

Cabela's is very likely to have something similar.

·
Registered
472 Posts
it was chilly here too... i think it was like 70 at 730 this morning... guess i got to get ready for winter and wear a shirt...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts