M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish this bike had been out a little longer,than it has. I would love to get my hands on another engine,to "build over the winter months. I'm pretty sure there is allot of potental for allot more HP in there. But it will be a while before the parts hit the Bone Yard. :(

G

·
I know there are a few links on this site where they show 109's messed up, I'd try you local dealers, this bike is fast and I can imagine that it catches a few people off guard so you might get lucky. Also there are a salvage sites out there that I think might come up with something before the winter is over. O and worse comes to worse there is always the VTX1800, that eng is amazing and there is a lot of after market things you can do with it.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,Heather! I'm looki'n. Hope to come up with a engine before winter is over. Ron

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Ron S said:
Thanks,Heather! I'm looki'n. Hope to come up with a engine before winter is over. Ron
Ron! You may want to check with local Insurance Companies especially your own insurance agent. Some have or can provide a list a salvage vehicles ( to include motorcycles ) that are available. You may be able to get on a mailing list for the info which is usually published bi-weekly or monthly.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the Tip,Bob :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Wonderful Idea I know that everyone in my riding group has bought there bikes back after they where totalled out and most of the bikes where 11-15 thousand blue book, they bought them back for a few thousand. The insurance sales them back for way under what the salvage sites will sell them at.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
ha, my dealer said that they'd sold 28 109's and 12 have come back wrecked. there's got to be some around to play with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts