M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was reading through a number of subjects and posts I could not help but notice, from many of the pictures that have been posted, that many of us, (I include myself), are at least 50-100 lbs over weight. Anyone have any idea how a loss of this much weight might be interpreted in HP gains? On the other hand, it has taken me 63 years to get where I am and I am enjoying life the way I am, so I do understand if others feel the same way. Nevertheless, when I read posts where our members are worrying about the added 7-8 lbs of weight caused by the new billet parts on the '07 models then I do have to chuckle a bit.

Food for thought! No calories or carbs either!

Cheers, :bigthumbsup:
Kingpong :doorag: ;)
 
G

·
Over the past 15 months between the two of us my wife and I have lost a total of 130 lbs and it does make a difference. We both feel better and we notice a difference on the wing (she does not ride on the 109). Now I can add more chrome. Yeah baby! ! ! !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
I weighed in at 160 when I got the 109, i'm around 175 now.....trying to bulk up so the bike wont be so dang fast!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
844 Posts
Kingpong -- It's not "free" but you may find it easier to add a supercharger, than to lose #100 lbs.
 
G

·
I read 7 lbs is = 1 hp. So if you are 7 lbs heavier than your opponent, everything else equal, he has a 1 hp advantage over you. Does that make sense?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Bruno said:
Good luck with that. Any special techniques?? :p :p
today i ate 2 pop tarts, 2 pb&j sandwhich's, an entire can of campbells chunky baked potato soup, drank 2 gatorades, 3 soda's, and a hamburger for dinner......

now i'm just about ready to head to taco bell for that "4th meal", you know the one between supper and breakfast.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,172 Posts
SirBeeson said:
today i ate 2 pop tarts, 2 pb&j sandwhich's, an entire can of campbells chunky baked potato soup, drank 2 gatorades, 3 soda's, and a hamburger for dinner......

now i'm just about ready to head to taco bell for that "4th meal", you know the one between supper and breakfast.......
275 here. I love your attitude!

If I weighed what the doc says I should weigh, I can't imagine how fast my 9 would seem.
 
G

·
Well I'm almost at 100lbs so if this is right I should be able to smoke you all :joke: , to bad the rider makes a big difference when it comes to how fast the bike can go ::). I'll have to figure out how to really push this bike then I'll be more then happy to race :bigthumbsup: and we can find out just how much of a difference weight makes ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,592 Posts
firecat said:
Well I'm almost at 100lbs so if this is right I should be able to smoke you all  :joke: , to bad the rider makes a big difference when it comes to how fast the bike can go ::). I'll have to figure out how to really push this bike then I'll be more then happy to race :bigthumbsup: and we can find out just how much of a difference weight makes ;)
Pass me anytime....I would be happy with the view from behind!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
100lbs, what the hell, I didn't think there was anyone left in this country at that weight. What was it chemo? an addiction? dwarfism?

I think my weight varies day to day by more than that.

Your 109 is lovin' you.
 
G

·
rasputin said:
Pass me anytime....I would be happy with the view from behind!
lol somehow I think your post pic fits you but I could be wrong.

GVOXX said:
100lbs, what the hell, I didn't think there was anyone left in this country at that weight. What was it chemo? an addiction? dwarfism?

I think my weight varies day to day by more than that.

Your 109 is lovin' you.
:a20: thats funny :D
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
I could drop about 20 to 30 lbs but at least I don't have my other problem. :joke:

(This is one of my support partners) :joke:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
686 Posts
I'm not a big proponent of fad diets, but my brother had a doctor supervise him on the Atkins diet. I couldn't do it, I love carbs, but he did it and lost 75 lbs.
Sometime just after losing that weight he changed offices and had to move all his stuff up a flight or two of stairs. He's an IT guy, so he had all of his IT books there. He packed most of them in a huge duffle bag and hauled them up the stairs. He got up there and was pretty winded. Then he got thinking about it and realized that the bag full of books weighed very close to the amount of weight he had just lost.
 
G

·
that’s amazing my significant other was 5'9" at 400lbs when I meet him, He was on the Carb diet for about a year dropped about 120lbs. :eek: Soon I'll have to mess up his 4 wheeler so he doesn't beat me on the track. :joke:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts


I am 1.86 m tall and weigh 350 pounds. No I am not proud of that.
Yes, I tried around 100 different diets. Most worked fine for some time, but in the end I always gained another 5 pounds.
I think I would weigh much less without the diets.

The main point may be the lack of movement I have.
The 109 is getting me out of my computerchair and back on the road into the wild.
Everytime I loose around 3 kg, just by riding my bike.

My 109 keeps me healthy and my spirits up. :bigthumbsup:
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top