M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, now that I have put all of the problems I had in the past(Oil leak, 3 coolant leaks, speedo problems, short in the tailight, yadda, yadda, yadda) I started with the mods.
Cut the rear fender down/custom plate bracket
smaller LED indicators
Custom Carbon Fiber racing stripes
Isogrips
Kury throttle boss
Kury wings for front pegs
JSD mod

I put the 109 in her first show. It was public judging, everyone put ballots in a box with each bike. I took first place in the Metric Cruiser division. Other bikes were a custom painted shadow, a customized Warrior, a stock warrior with after market pipes and a VTX.

Amazed how many people had no idea what this bike was. I havent debadged it, and infact, I even incorporated the Susuki "S" logo into my custom stripes on the front fender and the rear seat cowling, so I wasnt trying to pull it off as a custom.

But the most important thing about the show is that It was a show that my chapter of the Red Knights organized as a fund raiser for a local young girl that has been being treated for cancer. We were able to raise over 1500.00 for her and her family.
We ended up with 53 bikes in the show, had 2 food vendors, a custom painter, and a custom bike builder there. For our first show, I think we had a great turnout.

I can't wait till we cut the check to the family. The small plaque I won (which I ironically ordered myself) was nowhere near as important as what we were able to do for the girl and her family.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Right on bro! Great thing to do with your bike.. Glad you won, but even happier about why you were even there! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
:bigthumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts