M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also did alittle weight carving today, here is the puny little muffler and SET valve after some wackin. The Exhaust carvings were all set aside in total and weighed for a total loss of 21.6lbs dropped in a day. Thats a real diet.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ran out of time tonight, not to mention beat from going non stop all day, though I have made some serious progress today.. :D

I cut the pipes after much deliberation just before the set valve, cut, grinded, shaped, shaved, cut, grinded, shaped, shaved all day long until I was somewhat satisfied with my two into one setup. This is to please me for sometime until some power proven system come along.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't get to re-applying the heat shields yet though I am thinking on wrapping the pipes with black heat wrap ,like on the old school bikes, all the way down to the chrome pipe.... 8)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another side view. It will work for me untill something else comes along. Now its time to work on lowering it down alittle.Â

I am leaving the country in the morning for a week but will answer and finish it when I return....

Here are some of the finished pics.

G

·
That has to be one of the stock ends. I wish I knew how to weld. That is awesome. I think leaving the heatshields off and putting exhaust wrap would be cool. I have heard though that the exhaust wrap can lead to the pipe underneath rusting out.

G

·
Wildracing22 said:
Another side view. It will work for me untill something else comes along. Now its time to work on lowering it down alittle.Â

I am leaving the country in the morning for a week but will answer and finish it when I return....
Real nice work!

How does it sound???

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry guys I am in Mexico for the week and they are charging $30 a day for internet. I will be around only occasionaly.. As for how it sounds, right now I just welded the stock end into the 2 into 1 and the sound is very similar to that of stock though a little louder, or throatier. I will probably drill out the tail pipe for some more grrrr's when I get back. Though for those who are intrested in knowing the stock exhaust with no muffler or tail pipe, just motor is wicked, deep and loud.....

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just curious, did it run a little more lean after this mod without remapping?. I like the look without that bulky "muffler" contraption hanging off the bike. I know it would need some kind of torque cones or something that would create the backpressure needed for straight pipes. Loud pipes save lives right? they sound baaaad aaaass too!!!! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
www.hellrisercustoms.com/oychoppa

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lean? Im not sure but as soon as you fire it without the SET valve hooked up I got the FI light. My buddy owns a harley shop and said that is common with fuel injected bikes and that it probably is alittle lean, though not enough to damage anythind seriously. I would not recommend blasting around on it personally though. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
that looks really similar to what I did on my 1600 Marauder
wrap it in tape...that looks nice.I had mine built to lay side by side instead of one on top of the other.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Wildracing22 said:
Also did alittle weight carving today, here is the puny little muffler and SET valve after some wackin. The Exhaust carvings were all set aside in total and weighed for a total loss of 21.6lbs dropped in a day. Thats a real diet.
Looks like that should be on a truck. Is that really off the 109????

1 - 20 of 36 Posts