M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a couple things I have noticed in my month of owning the M109R. Even though it is a heavy bike crosswinds will blow you around. I have noticed this mainly on highway over passes. Every time I wash my bike when I flush water up around the tank console I see a rainbow sheen coming out from under the console from up around the fuel cap. I am guessing this would be fuel but just wondered if the cap was leaking or venting out fumes that accumulate around that area. I noticed with the console off the area looked oily like armor all or something and may have come like that from the factory and I have cleaned and waxed that area. I will check it next time I wash it which brings us to the last thing. Black bikes look sooo good but draw dust like a magnet. I have resolved to the fact I will be washing this one a lot.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have been using Pledge Multisurface Cleaner for a few weeks now which has anti-static qualities and has helped tremendously on cutting down on the dust that is attracked to the bike. Prior to using this product I would notice that within a half hour of washing the bike it would be covered with a layer of dust. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Jay109 said:
I have been using Pledge Multisurface Cleaner for a few weeks now which has anti-static qualities and has helped tremendously on cutting down on the dust that is attracked to the bike. Prior to using this product I would notice that within a half hour of washing the bike it would be covered with a layer of dust. :bigthumbsup:
Is it safe to use on paint and chrome or what??

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Joshua_109 said:
Is it safe to use on paint and chrome or what??
i know it works great on chrome, but i use eagle1 nano spray wax on the paint. i have also been using the suzuki spray bikewash. just spray on and rinse off. with the pledge and nano spray wax, i can have the whole bike washed and shined in 15 minutes. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought the rainbow sheen coming out from under the console was cosmoline too as it looked kind of greasy under it. I have now washed and waxed the area of the tank under the console up to the filler cap. I will see if i does it again. I use the Eagle Nano wax too and I like the way it works and don't think it is a problem. I do use pledge in between washings too. I am trying to keep from scratching the tank with the dust on it so I really do not want to dry wipe it. black cars/bikes will show it all but I know the source of it all, it's the parking garage at work. It's nice to have a covered parking garage but the damn thing is filthy with dust/dirt so all the cars that go by just stir it up. I think I will either use low pressure air or one of the dust mop things made for cars. It's not that I like washing the think just want to keep her looking good. I will have to do it this week anyway as the city had a water main break and I went through the foot or so of muddy water on the way in to work yesterday.

·
Registered
585 Posts
bad109 said:
i know it works great on chrome, but i use eagle1 nano spray wax on the paint. i have also been using the suzuki spray bikewash. just spray on and rinse off. with the pledge and nano spray wax, i can have the whole bike washed and shined in 15 minutes. :bigthumbsup:
Hey Bad109

Honda Polish is a great product too ,.... can be used on all surfaces except the tires.Â
Wonderful product , ......and at $5 a can, cant be beat......  :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
cbxer55 said:
For years now I have used one of those brushs you can buy at the automotive stors. I know you are concerned about light scratchs. I use it on my CBX which has a yery wide black stripe that runs from front fender, over tank to the tailcowl. It has not scratched it yet. Since I use magnetic tank bags, you should get the dust off before slapping down the bag. I use one of them brushs to do so. I wax my bikes once a month or so. Maybe wet wash them once a year, but never more. My CBX is 25 years old and still has factory paint!
Robert Hill
Oklahoma City
how do you wax your bike without washing it?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I too have the tank sheen Remove the 1 screw and see what all the fuss is about. I don't know you can clean and clean and it is still there. I quit stuffing the gastank as I overfilled it twice now and it ran out onto the tank. I use Eagle Spray Nanowax and BlackMagic Liquid Synthetic wax. Works good. JOHN

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks mack400 I did not think I would be the only one. I think I topped mine off right before it happened too. I don't think it is leaking per say but it has to vent somewhere and I think it may trap the fumes under the console which leaves a little residue. surprised no one chimed in about the cross wind issue. I only noticed it one day when it was gusty and was crossing an overpass at the time. just a little surprised a bike this big can be pushed around but it does have a big cross section.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts