M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our friend David Stomackin (Xon57) decided earlier today that he had no choice but to kill his wife and then himself. She had been battling alcoholism for a long time, and he had been faithful to her for 30 years. I guess everyone has their snapping point.

Those of us that knew him, knew he had a very good and fun-loving heart. He loved riding his motorcycle and playing golf, and I enjoyed every moment I spent with him.
Please pray for God to forgive his actions, and pray for his two children that are left behind. I can't imagine what they are going through.
He will be truly missed.

I don't have all the details yet and I will pass any information on to everyone as soon as I know something, but I do know He will be missed and loved greatly!

May you rest in peace my Brother!!!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I am sorry to heat of this. It is truely sad and hate his children will grow up without them. I have talked to him several times online and he was always helpful and very friendly. My prayers are with his children.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I rode with David on many occasions.....he was a very nice, laid back guy that never hesitated to help a brother. I will miss him greatly. This is some horrible, heavy news. Please pray for those that are left behind. Like Chad said, everyone has their breaking point....I'm just sorry I wasn't able to be there more for David and help him get through his troubles.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
that's awful, just a shame. Prayers out to the kids.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
OMG!!!.....I just don't even know what to say...very upsetting to say the least.:':)':)'( Just goes to show that you might not always know or understand people's demons... We should all use this to remind our friends that no matter what is going on in their lives that we will be there for them and that we appreciate them! So very sad. It absolutely breaks my heart even though I had never met him in person.

I can't even imagine what you GA riders are going through...My best goes out to you guys and their families!

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
I am with all of ya.......WHAT DO YOU SAY? But OMG it must have been bad, and Will Pray for his Kids and Family for sure!!

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Metro Atlanta / State News8:48 a.m. Friday, April 9, 2010
  • Text size:
  • Decrease
  • Increase
Murder-suicide suspected in Newton deaths

By Alexis Stevens

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
The deaths of a Newton County man and woman found dead on Thursday are being investigated as a possible murder-suicide.

More Atlanta area news »

A Newton County SWAT team found the two dead inside a home Thursday morning, according to the sheriff's office.
Deputies arrived at the home after a 10 a.m. call to 9-1-1 reporting that a husband had threatened his wife with violence, Lt. Keith Crum told the AJC. Once at the home in the Fairview Chase subdivision, deputies couldn't make contact with a resident, he said.
At that point, the SWAT team was brought to the scene, Crum said. Deputies forced entry into the home, where they found the couple dead, he said.
The names of the man and woman and the causes of death have not been released. Crum said Friday that investigators were still trying to notify one of the couple's two adult children.
Crum told the AJC Friday morning that while investigators were not yet ready to classify the deaths as a murder-suicide, they had found no evidence to indicate otherwise.

·
Registered
948 Posts
So sorry to her this. What a tragedy. I will pray for those friends and family who have suffered this terrible loss.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Here are some pics of the good times we shared with David. I just don't know what else to do.

David is in the grey Tshirt second from left:

David putting for a hole in one:

David is holding the Gatorade bottle:

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
very sad to hear prayers sent

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I met David about 2 months ago. Had a couple very nice phone conversations with him and was able to get with him twice in the last 2 months as well. Even though I was just getting to know him I really liked him right off the bat. He was very well spoken, intelligent, mellow and very easy to get along with. His M109 bike was absolutely awesome looking and he was a heck of a rider as well. I could tell he really enjoyed riding. I was looking forward to seeing him & riding with him on tomorrows ride as a matter of fact.

To say I'm shocked and sickened at the same time would be a gross understatement. I feel very sorry for his 2 kids that are left with the emotional mess to deal with.

My gut tells me that David was a great guy that just snapped. You just never know what other people are dealing with behind closed doors.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts