M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I spent the last couple days tearing my 9 apart to have my new tires put on, install my HID kit and some new LEDs. I also painted my wheels, final drive, and derby cover. I got it finished up about 8 tonight and took it for a spin.

All I can say is that the 160/60/18 Avon TOTALLY changes how my 9 handles. When I hear guys talk about being more neutral I can understand now. It is almost telepathic, there seems to be almost no effort needed to lean into corners. At first it felt loose and sloppy, but I just had to get used to it (that took about 5 minutes). I love how it handles now. I will take some more pics tomorrow, I just ran out of daylight.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
super excited to see your bike in a couple of weeks man. looks awesome.:bigthumbsup:
I am really looking forward to getting up to your place to check out your 9's and meeting all you KC guys.

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
:congrats: and it looks good. That front tire looks really fat to me. :dontknow:

It also looks like in your picture that you have the halogen H4 bulb in there not an HID. :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
:congrats: and it looks good. That front tire looks really fat to me. :dontknow:

It also looks like in your picture that you have the halogen H4 bulb in there not an HID. :dontknow:

Maybe its the picture, it is definently the HID. It is BRIGHT! This pic is just of the LEDs that I put inside the nacelle.

Unless they just put a ballast and igniter on a regular H4 that hum and purrs when it turns on. :joke: (that pic was taken a couple days ago when I put the leds inside the nacelle and I hadn't even gotten the HID kit yet)

And about the tire; Thats what she said. :joke: (It is an Avon Storm 160/60/18 running reversed)

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how are you liking the avons?? so far...

jerk....hiccups....
well, I took it easy since they haven't been scuffed yet so not much to say except I love the way the 160 handles.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
awesome looking JD. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

love what you have done to your bike. i really like the led's in the nacelle.

now that your wheels are black it would be really easy to conceal led strips on your wheels to give it a very unique effect that many bikes have. the black wheels look great on your bike. :congrats:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
awesome looking JD. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

love what you have done to your bike. i really like the led's in the nacelle.

now that your wheels are black it would be really easy to conceal led strips on your wheels to give it a very unique effect that many bikes have. the black wheels look great on your bike. :congrats:
Hmm, isn't the only way to do LEDs ON the wheels with the kit that RAW design was installing at Daytona? That is a really spendy kit, that violates the budget that my wife has given me for my 9. :joke:

But I am probably gonna be adding my LEDs the next time my 9 is torn all the way down. I gotta keep up with those Indiana Oranges. :joke:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Hmm, isn't the only way to do LEDs ON the wheels with the kit that RAW design was installing at Daytona? That is a really spendy kit, that violates the budget that my wife has given me for my 9. :joke:

But I am probably gonna be adding my LEDs the next time my 9 is torn all the way down. I gotta keep up with those Indiana Oranges. :joke:
yes, you would need th power puc from raw design, but apparently you have more than enough skill to do the install yourself and that will save you plenty of money. :bigthumbsup:

i got something for those "indiana oranges" you speak of. :evil:
well technically, mine is a indiana orange as well since it is plated and registered in hoosier land due to me storing it there.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes, you would need th power puc from raw design, but apparently you have more than enough skill to do the install yourself and that will save you plenty of money. :bigthumbsup:

i got something for those "indiana oranges" you speak of. :evil:
well technically, mine is a indiana orange as well since it is plated and registered in hoosier land due to me storing it there.
Well, chalk up another awesome looking Orange from the Hoosier state. Cope and GarthenJr both have great looking bikes and I had fun going back and forth with them about my 9 not having enough LEDs and garthen having a wiring disaster under his seat. And don't ever let Copes bike get wet, I guess his is like a gremlin if you let it get rained on.:joke:

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Looking REALLY Good Jeremy and that front fat tire looks awesome:bigthumbsup:. Which HID kit did you use? Is it low and high beam ballasts or do you have two different type of bulbs? BTW, did you add more LEDs or relocated and added additional mirrors?:joke:.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looking REALLY Good Jeremy and that front fat tire looks awesome:bigthumbsup:. Which HID kit did you use? Is it low and high beam ballasts or do you have two different type of bulbs? BTW, did you add more LEDs or relocated and added additional mirrors?:joke:.
I got the A&R kit with digital ballast, and it is one bulb that has a magnetized thingamabobber (highly technical term for I don't have any idea what it is) to change the angle for the high beam. You can find it here.

http://duckscovers.com/other.htm

And no I didn't add mirrors, my lightning bug farm had a pretty good week so I thought I would light up my 9 with em. :joke: Maybe you can get some new tires in a couple years when you wear those stockers out. :joke:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Looks sick!!:bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts