M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Bit BuZzY ?

I'm new to the board,but have read posts the last week.I have nearly a 1,000 miles logged on my 109.I changed the oil at 500 and purposedly underfilled with 3 1/2
qts. The bike still ran a bit buzzy.The next day after I changed the oil,and I did buy a Suzuki Oil filter cap wrench,being the space is pretty notchy tight,I added
the recommended proper fill w/filter.Which is a few more ounces.The bike shifted much better.But that lasted only one day.I did,take it real easy the first 20 minutes of driving.Maybe the 109 does better after an easy-going warm-up.But I still feel the bike is Buzzy,especially on hot days.I feel the slight buzzin,from pegs to tank to handlebar.Not a lot,but enough to wish it would smooth out.I feel compelled to change out early with full synthetic,before 2500 miles.I've owned about 6 cruisers in the last 10 years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: A Bit BuZzY ?

ppridgen1 said:
exactly what do you mean buzzy,vibration or noise or what :dontknow:
" Buzzy " as in slight vibration,that seems to eminate from different points.The engine is noisy,but many new bikes with counterbalance geaiings,are.The slight pulses from the
the inside are probably the cam and crank bearings bedding-in.

G

·

Damn Lamont. There is another great vanity plate. "FRITZY". How do you keep coming up with all these names

·
Registered
398 Posts

A bit fritzy ...????

·
Registered
78 Posts

Deter said:
 I'm new to the board,but have read posts the last week.I have nearly a 1,000 miles logged on my 109.I changed the oil at 500 and purposedly underfilled with 3 1/2
qts. The bike still ran a bit buzzy.The next day after I changed the oil,and I did buy a Suzuki Oil filter cap wrench,being the space is pretty notchy tight,I added
the recommended proper fill w/filter.Which is a few more ounces.The bike shifted much better.But that lasted only one day.I did,take it real easy the first 20 minutes of driving.Maybe the 109 does better after an easy-going warm-up.But I still feel the bike is Buzzy,especially on hot days.I feel the slight buzzin,from pegs to tank to handlebar.Not a lot,but enough to wish it would smooth out.I feel compelled to change out early with full synthetic,before 2500 miles.I've owned about 6 cruisers in the last 10 years.
Have you driven an 1800CC V-twin before? It's suppossed to be buzzy and full of vibration. You are sitting on the world most powerful cruiser. I love the vibration. The only possible problem I have with this bike is the shift from 1st to 2nd. It goes into Nuetral too often and sounds like I'm crunching gears, I have a feeling that will smooth out after I get a few thousand miles on the bike.

·
Registered
98 Posts

I have the same 1st to 2nd problem, and am thinking the gears need a couple K on them.

First service will be within 3 weeks of purchase.... Likely 2 weeks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts