M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
9ner from Asia (Singapore)

Proud to be part of the 9ners community!

I have added tiny mirrors, 1inch risers, relocated the rpm gauge, side burners, tail tidy, smaller indicators, KNN filters and a custom seat as I am pretty short.

Just some boring shots of my '08 model.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
:welcome::congrats: & enjoy the ride !!!!!

·
Registered
893 Posts
:congrats: and :welcome: to the forum - best of luck with mods and safe riding

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Hook up with Rainey, he is over in your part of the world and he has some great parts that he sells.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all for the welcome!

First forum I have been to that has sooo many folks welcoming me!

High 5 to all!

Time to learn more from all gurus here. Pretty new to this bike but loving it.

What I'd love to have now is a mean looking set of air intakes. Any recommendations for stuff that doesn't require re-mapping of the ECU?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not sure if putting these pics here is the right place but here it goes. Moderators...sorry if its in the wrong place.

Here's the story, I ride occasionally with my wife and thought it'll make her more comfortable by adding a back rest so i did however instead of buying ready fitting ones...i decide to get creative to build one on my own with of course my own silly ideas.

Here are pictures to show you how I designed it and put it together.

Step 1 - Removed original seat covers, gently peeled out original cushion and started with the frame work. As you can see, part of the back rest goes thru the base of the front of the seat so cutting a little at the was necessary. Reason for this is basically for more strength on the piece once she sits on it. 3mm thick stainless steel plate which uses the screws holes of where the rear seat is being screwed down.

Step 2 - Fitted back the stock cushion and yes again cutting of the cushion was needed to get that flush finish.

I welded a support beam to give the whole back rest even more strength.

Step 3 - Finish product with new seat wraps.

Sorry if my explanation sucks...trying to keep things short and sweet.

And yes excuse the horrible pics.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Not sure if putting these pics here is the right place but here it goes. Moderators...sorry if its in the wrong place.

Here's the story, I ride occasionally with my wife and thought it'll make her more comfortable by adding a back rest so i did however instead of buying ready fitting ones...i decide to get creative to build one on my own with of course my own silly ideas.

Here are pictures to show you how I designed it and put it together.

Step 1 - Removed original seat covers, gently peeled out original cushion and started with the frame work. As you can see, part of the back rest goes thru the base of the front of the seat so cutting a little at the was necessary. Reason for this is basically for more strength on the piece once she sits on it. 3mm thick stainless steel plate which uses the screws holes of where the rear seat is being screwed down.

Step 2 - Fitted back the stock cushion and yes again cutting of the cushion was needed to get that flush finish.

I welded a support beam to give the whole back rest even more strength.

Step 3 - Finish product with new seat wraps.

Sorry if my explanation sucks...trying to keep things short and sweet.

And yes excuse the horrible pics.
:drool:That is absolutely the best rear seat/back rest combo I have seen for the 9. BAR NONE! You have some serious talent, now make me one so my wife will think about riding with me. :bigthumbsup:

Here is Rainey's profile link, he is located in Taiwan. http://www.m109riders.com/forums/member.php?u=24135
And by your part of the world I meant you are closer to him than the rest of us here in the US.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Welcome, and I love your back rest. Simple and brilliant!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Thanks all for the welcome!

First forum I have been to that has sooo many folks welcoming me!

High 5 to all!

Time to learn more from all gurus here. Pretty new to this bike but loving it.

What I'd love to have now is a mean looking set of air intakes. Any recommendations for stuff that doesn't require re-mapping of the ECU?
One word for you.... Ducks!
http://duckscovers.com/index.html

1 - 20 of 32 Posts